Over the past few weeks, I have left a few things off the blog that I want to remember, so it's time to play ketchup!
A few weeks ago the West Texas Fair and Rodeo was in town. We have loved going to the State Fair of Texas so we didn't want to miss out on this small scale version. First stop was dinner. Brinley had a roasted corn and Rocky and I had BBQ sandwich and Aggie Fries (just your basic homestyle french fry that the Aggie Club of Abilene makes and sells each year) Aggie fries are really tasty but I definitely missed my Fletchers Corny Dog!
After that we went in the Ag Building for a cow milking demonstration. Riveting I tell ya.
Then it was to the exhibit building to view the giant pumpkins watermelons, and prized baked goods. It's kinda fun seeing those "small town fair" specialties. My friend Tracey won a few prizes for her baked goods and I felt so proud to know her! Maybe I will enter next year! hahaNext on the tour was the petting zoo. We paid the dollar for the food but Rocky ended up doing all the feeding.
This was about as close as Brinley came to most of the animals...
except for petting this fuzzy bunny.
"Como se llama?" (haha, courtesy of pinterest)
After all that viewing and petting, we finally let Brinley ride a couple of rides. Rocky and I are both fundamentally against carnival rides for many reasons, but we let our convictions slide a little for Brinley's sake. As long as it stays on the ground I guess I can suck it up and pay the $2 per ride admission to make my child happy beyond belief.
And happy she was! It was no State Fair of Texas, but we had a great time!
In slightly more recent news, it rained 7 inches in A Town this weekend! Brinley had fun splashing in our 1 neighborhood puddle in her new rain boots. When you live in the country and have culverts, not much rain puddles up! Funny story behind these purple boots...
We had a pair of cow rain boots that Brinley was going to wear. I had put them on the back porch and knew there were some cobwebs in them, so I banged them on the sidewalk, looked inside and didn't see anything, and told Brinley to put them on. She obeyed but immediately said there was a bug inside. I told her no, she was just imagining it because she had seen cobwebs. She walked around for another minute then insisted again that there was a bug inside. She pulled off the boot and a cricket jumped out. I proceeded to squeal and throw my shoes at it (we were in my closet) and she completely lost it. I felt so bad for making her wear them and ignoring her at first that I told her we could go right away and get new rain boots. Traumatic experience for the memory books, but I think she is fully recovered now due to her new purple ladybug boots.
Last of all, I don't want to fail to document a very big milestone for Rocky...his name made it onto the building! If that's not official I don't know what is! (It's in the center, kinda small...sorry!)
He had a patient and doctor meet and greet reception last week complete with a commercial to publicize it. This was the proof that showed what the commercial would look like. I am so proud of my hubs!
Well, that concludes this ketchup session for now. Anyone craving french fries after this post??? :0)

4 comments:
Saw him in the paper--now he's BIG time!!!! I TOTALLY agree about the carnival rides. I HATE them. The last two years we have bribed the kids into NOT riding them. :)And you should enter the fair next year. After all the work I was thinking about how much work it was but it was fun going up each day to see how my stuff scored. :)
I love "ketchup-ing" with you through your blog miss amy! Its fun to see Brinley all smiles :) Love the cricket story...i would have done the same thing! haha! Congrats to Dr Rocky too! Thats so great! we are proud of him! Excited to see you in December to celebrate cason! btw...love his room!
They put his name on the building?! Dang it! Now you're there for good! But seriously, congrats, Rocky - that is awesome!
I think Rocky's name should have flashing pink lights, like the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas.
-Zack
Post a Comment