I told her that she could ride down with me in the wheelchair, but little did I know that only patients- meaning Cason and I- could ride in the wheelchair. This brought about a huge crying fit as we left the hospital. I mean like kicking, thrashing, and screaming from Brinley. It was really bad and I felt like all of the nurses were looking at me sympathetically, thinking "that poor woman is going to have to deal with a newborn and a brat...how will she ever survive?" But I really have to take the blame for the fit because I am the one that led her astray. Anyways, when we got to the doors, she was able to sit with me for a few minutes while we waited on Rocky to pull the car around.
We loaded up the car and headed home! Well, with the exception of a stop at Walgreens to pick up some newborn diapers. Already getting the shaft as the second child. Cason loved the car seat as far as I can tell- I hope it stays that way!
We arrived home and Big Sis took on the responsibility of showing brother around.
We showed him his room and his crib.

And Brinley tossed her beloved giraffe in the bed for him. I think that is a sign of good things to come, she doesn't share it with anyone!
Now on to life as a family of four!





No comments:
Post a Comment