Brinley spent the night with Papa and Bebe the night before my induction because we had to be there so early. They did so great making things exciting and fun. She got to eat good food (aka bad for you food), watch tv, and sleep in her princess tent! She was in heaven and I am so grateful for all their help.
When we got there, the floor was full, so by the time we actually got into the room, settled and hooked up to all the jazz, it was almost 6:00. That is when I got my IV and blood drawn, and let me just say that it was one of the worst parts of the entire labor and delivery process. Seriously, it hurt soooo bad. My blood wasn'f flowing fast so getting it out was horrible, then the place she stuck me had lots of nerves and it just throbbed the entire time.
My new nurse came in and offered me a new stick but I decided that it was manageable and just dealt with it. I didn't want any more barriers to getting the ball rolling. She got me started on a small amount of Pitocin and said that Dr. Mascorro would be by at 7:00 to check me. When she got there, I was at a 2, 60% effaced, and he was still in position. She broke my water and said I could have my epidural whenever I wanted! Yippee! The pain never got too bad for me and I wanted to be tough, but then again, I didn't. Haha. I knew that if L&D is busy, it can take a while for the anesthesiologist to get to you, so, after a few minutes, I went ahead and requested it. They had to wait for my labs to get back and it ended up being an hour or so til I was tingly and pain free, but in hindsight, I am really glad I requested it when I did. Another odd thing I experienced was the epidural hurting alot. I don't know what happened, and the anesthesiologist said he has never really had that type of reaction out of someone before, but ouch! It was like someone was stabbing me right in the back while he was inserting it. weird. Anyways, after a few minutes I was numb and it worked like a charm!
After this point, we just played the waiting game. My nurse checked me at 9:00 and I was at a 3. Not much progress and I was bummed. I was able to rest and relax (I wish sleep, but if you know me you know that didn't happen) for a while.
My contraction monitor that was strapped to my belly kept getting off so my nurse had to come in many times to move it around. While she was in there, I started noticing that I was feeling the pain of my contractions more and more. She said she would wait through my next contraction then call the anesthesiologist to move it around a little. She decided to just check me once more real quick before she did and what do you know? I was at a 10 and fully ready to push! Shocker of all shockers!
She scurried around and got the room prepped for delivery. She said we would push through a couple of contractions before she called my doctor. Well we pushed through 2 and she said stop because he was coming like a freight train. The next minute Dr. Mascorro showed up, I pushed once more, and he was here!
He looked so different than Brinley- no hair, different shaped head, no distinct dimple chin. He was absolutely perfect! We had about an hour to cuddle with him and he nursed like a champ the first time.
And let me tell you, he earned every bit of that 9.9 apgar with his belting screams! My doctor said he was one of the top 5 loudest babies she had ever delivered, and she has delivered a lot of babies!
The wonderful Dr. Mascorro. Even though she wasn't my doctor for the entire pregnancy, I really liked her for the portion she did. She is very calm and a great person to deliver a baby! I am glad I trusted her and went ahead with the induction. Obviously, Cason was ready to be born, he just needed a little motivation.
And I loved my nurse Kristen! She was so sweet and accomodating. Having a great nurse makes all the difference.
This proud Papa was a great person to have by my side once again! He had the big task of letting everyone know that Cason was already here, no one was expecting it!
And so my next post will document all those special people that came to meet Cason....starting with his big sis!






4 comments:
Congrats! So happy for all of you!:)
1st: The pic of the three of you--you look GORGEOUS!!! Never would have guessed you just had that baby, you look beautiful!!!
2nd: SAME thing happened to me with Evan. One contraction, I was at a 3 then next a 10. The doc barely got gloves on and that boy was here. :)
Congrats! So happy for you. :)
you looked awesome! sweet pics of meeting mr. cason!
So, I put 2 and 2 together and figured out that my mom and grandmother are patients at Rocky's office! They have gone there for a loooooong time...crazy!:)
Post a Comment