Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cason's Nursery

Well here are the long awaited pictures of Cason's nursery.  First we have the crib photo with a nice shadow in the lower right hand corner that, yet again, I'm too lazy to take another pic. :0) In addition to his quilt, I made the crib skirt and extra pillow by scrounging up the leftover scraps of fabric I had.  I really cut it close on that one! I decided to go with the random "gallery wall" for decoration over his bed.  Some of the frames will be filled with pictures of him and his bible verse (which has yet to be decided upon), but for now they are just empty.  Those drive Rocky crazy.  He just doesn't get the whole artsy "empty frame" craze.  haha
Here is a close up of one of my favorite finds on the wall- a print with his name inside a bike!
Next we have his changing table in front of two huge windows.  Pretty simple.  Notice the step stool to the left.  My friend Jenny gave me this idea so Brinley could have a way to get up and help out during diaper changes.  She has already told me that she will wipe the poop.  Go for it, girl!
Here is a close up of the curtains.  Just found some linen colored curtains for super cheap at IKEA and freezer paper stenciled these bikes on it.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
 This is the somewhat sad wall of his room that looks really empty.  As much as I would have loved to paint the walls, I just couldn't bear to cover up the brand new paint that was already there.  Maybe someday!  It also looks a little empty because I am waiting on our glider rocker that will go to the right of the bookshelf in the corner.  We had a friend store it in his apartment storage closet while we were showing our house and we haven't had a chance to get it from him yet!  And yes, that is an actual bike wheel on the wall and no, I didn't take that off an old bike.  It was randomly in the 80% off sale section at Hobby Lobby one day.  I wonder why?  Wouldn't you want an old bike wheel on your wall?
I will conclude this tour with the best shot I could get of the entire room.  Pretty simple but I tried to stay that way since he is a boy!   Overall I am very pleased with the way it turned out- now let's complete it with a little swaddled up baby boy in that crib!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Love it! You did an awesome job, Amy. :]

Kasey said...

so cute!! cant wait to meet him!!

Haley said...

Love it! Especially the frames above his crib!

texasbean said...

Beautiful job, Amy! The bicycle curtains are my FAVORITE!

Tana said...

Looks awesome, Amy! Great job girl! Can't wait to hear the news so soon!

the bowlin family said...

super cute! totally worth the wait! ;) can't wait to see pics of your little man.