Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We Have a Plan!

Toenails are painted in baby boy blue.
 Bags are packed and camera battery charged.
 Freezer is stocked with meals to get us through the rough days.
 Going home outfit is complete.  Poor Cason.
And the induction is set for Thursday.  Yes, that's right, day after tomorrow Thursday.  If all goes as planned Cason's birthday will be 10-11-12!  That's fun!

I went in for my weekly appointment today and everything looks fine and dandy.  She said she felt like he had grown a pound over the week making him about 8.5 lbs.  Not surprising to me since I am a big baby maker, but we will just see if she is correct!  I am dialated to a 2, cervix is about 50% effaced, and he has dropped!  Yay!  So, she felt like the conditions are favorable for induction and there was a spot on Thursday.  Of course at first I freaked out a little, partially because that is 2 days away and partially because there is always a part of me that will be nervous about induction.  You know, the whole "forcing your body into something it should do on it's own naturally" thing.  But, after talking with some veteran inductors (is that a word? haha) and considering my experience with Brinley, I feel good about the decision. 

In other Cason news, Rocky decided on a verse for him.  He thought long and hard about it and just kept coming back to a few of the attributes of the man of God he desires Cason to one day become.  We know God already has a plan for his life and we are so honored to be able to raise him up to become all that he is meant to be.  I can't think of a better role model than Rocky.  Cason is blessed to have him as a Daddy. 
" For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7
 
Tonight we took Brinley to Mr. Gatti's for one last hoorah as the only child.  We keep telling her what is about to happen but I don't know that she really gets how much her world is about to change.   
 

Spending our last evening with just Brinley makes me a little melancholy.  It's weird how as a Mom you can experience joy, sadness, excitement, and fear all at the same time! 
But through it all, we feel so incredibly blessed!  We can't wait to get life going with our new family of 4.  I will post pics of the little man as soon as I get my act together. 

Signed for the final time,
Amy, Mother of One

7 comments:

Tracey said...

You are going to be just wonderful. And Brinley is going to be such a big help to you. I will be thinking of and praying for you on Thursday. I can't wait to see pics of the newest McAdams. Blessings and joy my friend,

Jennifer said...

Yay for induction! Good luck, I'm sure everything will go just fine. Can't wait to see pictures.

The Owen Family said...

How exciting Amy! You will be just fine, being induced was great and given the choice I'd do it again. Can't wait to see pictures! Good luck and happy almost birthday Cason!

Tara said...

Yay! Good luck and Congratulations! I was induced with both mine and they both went great. :]

Love his verse, by the way ... it's one of my favorites.

Jenny said...

whoohoo, here comes mr cason! can't believe it! i am sooooo excited for you and are right there with you in prayer! we love you guys!

texasbean said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! That's tomorrow!!! I am so thrilled for you all - I will be anxiously awaiting to hear of his arrival!

Tana said...

I'm just checking this-and your induction is TODAY! Yay!! Can't wait to hear about Cason's big debut!!