Every time she sees him she says, "Hey little buddy" in a high pitched voice and proceeds to touch him, kiss him, and shower him with love. Any time he cries she consoles him and tries to make him happy. She loves helping me change his diaper, which always includes him crying, so she pats his head and talks sweetly to him. The first night we were home from the hospital, we put her to bed then I went to change his diaper. He started crying and Brinley called out from her room, "Mommy, I think Cason needs me." So sweet.

We had a big sister gift waiting for her when we got home. It was a few things I had found that would help with her independence. One item was an "Okay to Wake" alarm clock. You can set it to the time that they are allowed to get out of bed and it will glow green when it is okay to wake. She loves it and totally gets it.

We also got her a light switch extender so she could turn on the lights by herself. I highly recommend this to all my mommy friends out there, and no, they didn't pay me to say that. :0)

On Sunday after we brought Cason home, Brinley and I had a Mommy Daughter date to see a small theater production of Sleeping Beauty.
I know some of you are thinking I am crazy, and I probably am, but I wanted to take advantage of seeing the show since Abilene doesn't have alot of opportunities for stuff like that. We had a great time and it was worth every bit of stress I endured to get there on time. :0)
I will end this post with a very funny story that is probably inappropriate for the blog but something I never want to forget. I was very curious how Brinley would take the whole nursing issue, but I decided to just be very open with nursing in front of her and answering any questions she might have.
So, here are a few of our conversations about the topic so far-
"Mommy, why is Cason kissing your bootie?"
"Well honey, that is how he gets milk. God made mommy's boobies to give milk to babies."
"Mommies have big booties and I have little booties."
"Yes, honey, that is right. One day you will have big boobies too."
"Yeah, but for now I have big girl little booties."
Then another day we were eating dinner and Cason started crying.
"Mommy, why is baby Cason crying?"
"Well Honey, he is probably hungry."
"Well why don't you pull out one of your booties and give him some milk?
Wow. Modesty, check ya later!




4 comments:
Yeah Mom! Just pull out your bootie and make that baby stop crying! LOL
hahahahahahahaha! you mcadams', you guys are ALL funny! a whole family of funny people! can't wait to hear what comes out of cason's mouth!
bwahahaha, Love it! and not inappropriate, just hilarious!
miss thang is looking so grownup next to cason!
Post a Comment