McAdams' First Day Muffins
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup water2 c. flour (I used 1 cup all purpose and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
2 Tbsp. sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (topping)
Combine and oatmeal and water in a bowl and let sit until water has soaked in. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix egg, banana, and oil into the oatmeal mixture. Add dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins if desired. Spoon into muffin tin and fill about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Makes about 16 muffins.
I feel so cool because I actually have a picture of the finished product! (not half as good as yours always looks, though, Er ) :0)
Here is Rocky's new white coat all pressed and ready to go. I had to take this picture because it reminds me of the way I used to lay out my clothes in the shape of an actual body on the floor the night before the first day of school!
Dr. Rocky... isn't he cute??!
1 comment:
Whatever- your muffins look fab! If I liked bananas, I would definitely make them!
I can't believe Rocky is Dr. McAdams now?!?!
Post a Comment