Friday, July 18, 2008

Made With Love

I am about to leave on a trip away from my sweet hubby for one whole week! I thought I would do some things to make him smile while I'm gone. I am really going to miss him!!

I don't make everything from scratch, especially not brownies. My very favorite box is Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix.

It is usually one of the cheapest and it has no frills, but pop some pecans and chocolate chips into the mix and they are as good, or better, than homemade!

Here is the finished product with a love nibble taken out of the corner. I love brownie corners!

I also made breakfast burritos for Rocky to eat throughout the week. They are great to throw in the microwave and take in the car on the go. I make a big batch, wrap them in plastic, put them in a large freezer bag, and pop them in the freezer. When it's time to eat, take it out of the plastic, wrap it in a paper towel, and microwave for a minute or so. I don't have a recipe for this, but here is an overview of how I do it.
1. Brown 1 pound of sausage or 1 package of bacon and drain the grease. (I used turkey bacon this time)
2. Beat 1 dozen eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour over meat in the skillet and cook together until eggs are to your preferred doneness.

3. Lay out tortillas on top of a sheet of plastic wrap and spread a layer of shredded cheese down the center. Top with some egg mixture, then roll up into a burrito. Wrap in the plastic wrap. Continue until all the egg mixture is gone.

Place wrapped burritos in a large freezer bag and pop in the freezer.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

such a great idea! i remember once when you gave us leftovers of some tacos after a dinner with everyone and it pretty much made zack's day to walk out of the apartment each morning with one of those burritos! : ) thanks for the reminder! : ) have fun and see you sunday!