Monday, July 28, 2008

Brownie Pizza

I stopped off in Austin on my way to visit Kellee and baby Jenna in San Antonio. I stayed with the Burkharts in their great new apartment. There will be a recap on the weekend to come!

Anyways, Jenny and I made dinner for her family last night. We wanted to make something for dessert that was fruity and chocolatey, so we decided on a brownie fruit pizza. I have made fruit pizza with sugar cookie dough, but never brownie, so I looked up some recipes online and came up with this. We modified the filling a little by adding some cream cheese because cream cheese makes everything taste better! We only used strawberries and bananas, but any fruit could be used.

Brownie Fruit Pizza

1 box brownie mix, prepared by package directions

1 small box instant vanilla pudding

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 can eagle brand milk

2 bananas

lemon juice

1 pint fresh strawberries

1/2 cup chocolate chips


Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions and pour into a large jellyroll pan (not the regular 9X13 cake pan you would normally use) Bake for half the amount of time listed on the box- about 20 minutes or until done. Just watch it??? Set aside and allow to cool completely.

Mix together cream cheese, pudding mix, and eagle brand milk. Spread onto cooled crust.

Slice bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Slice strawberries. Arrange fruit on top of the pizza in whatever pattern you like.

Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in an unsealed zip lock bag in your microwave in 25 second increments. Be careful not to burn these.

Cut the tip off the baggie and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the pizza.


1 comment:

jwills said...

Amy,
You are KILLIN' me with the great recipes! I so want a huge piece of the brownie pizza! We are going to try the chicken too, but it will be "McChat Chicken" in our house! Jen