Sunday, July 13, 2008

Classy with a capital C...part 2.

Let me begin by saying that Rocky in no way condones 2 postings in one day, and I honestly wouldn't normally do it, but I felt the urge to vent, so this is the place. Also, I do not support my use of my camera for deliberate blog-posting shots, but tonight was special.

We decided to celebrate Rocky's last night of freedom for the next 2 weeks with a nice dinner at Houston's. The menu is small, but many things looked delicious. After much deliberation, I decided to try something different, so I ordered the crab cake salad. We decided to forego the appetizers so we would have room for our delicious main course. When the waitress arrived, my mouth was watering! Rocky ordered a steak, which she placed down first. Looked amazing. Then she placed my "salad" in front of me and I was in shock...that wasn't a salad, it was a crabcake with a tiny wad of herbs and frizzy greens placed on top, 4 huge wedges of grapefruit, and a smattering of corn, red onion and avocado shards. She had another dish in her hand, and I have to admit that before she placed it down, I actually got excited for a sec that it might be the rest of my salad! It turned out to only be dressing. Needless to say, this hungry girl was utterly disappointed! I should have ordered the cheeseburger and amazing fries the petite, blonde mom of 3 was devouring at the table next to ours. In the end, I will say it tasted good, but I was completely done, plate licked, before Rocky even half finished his steak (and for those of you who know him, that is amazing!)

So, when our fancy dinner was finished, we licked our wounds by heading to Mickey D's for a hot fudge sundae.

And it tasted amazing....long live the dollar menu!!

1 comment:

Sara Wolf said...

I love your blog! It looks like a scrapbook! We'll have to talk. Mine is still pretty boring. I also want to talk to you about the beautiful crafts you paint. I would love to have something to take to my sister in August when she has her baby.