Wednesday, July 1, 2009

3 Weeks Old!

Three weeks have passed and it has quite an experience! We are learning so much about Brinley and she is showing us new things every day. She has found a bit of a fussy side and she is already showing us that she likes to be the center of attention. Regardless, I wouldstill say she is a pretty laid back baby. I think the fussiness is normal! She is getting better about being on an eating schedule, eating every 2 to 3 hours. She is also sleeping 5-6 hours at night! What a blessing...but is that ok?


Sometimes she sleeps between feedings, sometimes she fusses and wants to be bounced constantly, and sometimes she just sits quietly and stares at the ceiling fan or out the window. She is very alert aware of things going on around her and she is constantly cracking us up with her vivid facial expressions! She is just so gosh darn cute!




I know that this doesn't make sense "developmentally", but I think she is already smiling at us! Just look at this face! If that's not a smile, I don't know what is! Alright well, it could also be gas.


This week Rocky started back at Parkland. He has been so sweet to take her off my hands for a bit when he gets home. She seemed very content with him during his after work down time today. She wasn't even jealous of Rocky's new baby, his iPhone!


We pulled out the Baby Bjorn this week but we can't decide if she likes it or not. I hope she does because I am going to need it during those times when nothing helps her but being held and bounced! I tried a sling carrier but she didn't like being so confined.


I also tried out "tummy time" this week. I am not sure if I am busting this out too early or not but I thought I would just see if she liked it. Here is a little video of the experience.
First we went straight up floor...


Then the boppy came to the rescue- much better!


Visitors this week included:
Aunt Gail (and Nan)


Daniel and Allison, some of my former students


Gretchen (and Jennifer)

4 comments:

Mauri said...

of course it is OK if she is sleeping that long at night!! she is a healthy weight and will be TOTALLY fine going through the night without eating...both of you get some rest and you will both be happy girls in the morning!! happy sleeping!
mauri

Amy Mc said...

Thanks Mauri! Would you mind sending me the invite to view your blog. I can't get on to read about your new life in minnesota and I want to!

Jenny said...

oh this post made me giggle the whole time! love the videos amy! happy 3 week brinley!

Kristen said...

Those look like real smiles to me! Way to go Brinley, already ahead of the pack! (Including with the sleeping too. Perfectly fine that she is sleeping that long. Ava did the same and it was scary the first night but then I just let her sleep as long as she wanted to. Now the girl sleeps too long at night I think! I cant wait to see you again Brinley!