This weekend Brinley had the opportunity to meet some very important people!
On Thursday night, my mom and I took Brinley to a family gathering in Ft. Worth. My aunt Suzie, her husband Kirk, and their 3 kids Andrew, Austin, and Emily live in Bangkok,Thailand. My uncle Tim, his wife Aurora, and their 2 kids Erik and Yan live in Spain. They are all here for a few weeks this summer to visit and celebrate my grandparent's 60 wedding anniversary. We are having an official reunion in a few weeks but we were all able to get together on Thursday for dinner and gifts to celebrate 4 birthdays. My uncle Brad, aunt Ann and cousins Elizabeth, Holley, and Pryse were there too but we get to see them a little more often because they live in Ft. Worth.
My aunt Aurora gave Brinley a beautiful smocked dress. I love it!
Aunt Suzie held Brin for a while...
until Kirk got a hold of her! I am pretty sure that he is the baby whisperer! Brinley had a comfy spot on his chest for most of the evening.
My cousins are all much younger than me, so I am more like their aunt than their cousin. Every time we get together, there is some kind of performance put on by the cousins. This night was a skit called "The Red Bench".
Cutie Patootie Yan, the youngest cousin
Here are my cousins Emily and Austin feeding Brinley. They did such a good job!
On Saturday, we had a family reunion for my Dad's side of the family. I don't have any cousins on this side but it was good to see all of this family and introduce them to Brinley.
This was also the first time for my Granny to meet her first great grandchild!
After the reunion, our good buddies the Burkharts came over! They made a special trip from Houston to meet Brinley and have a slumber party. They made some fabulous food, Zack and Rocky played lots of Wii,
and Jenny and I caught up on all our conversations.
Bekah and Brinley had some bonding time although I can definitely tell that Bekah is much too mature for Brinley at this point... :0). It's amazing how much a baby grows and changes in 2 months!
The Warminski's finally got to come by and meet Brinley and see the Burkharts.
Twinkie Twins Rocky and Bekah!
Sweet Daddies sushing and swaying!
Last of all, I want to welcome another VIP- Witten Robert Hartzler! He was born on Wednesday June 24, 2009- exactly 2 weeks after Brinley. Congrats new mom and dad Rob and Sari! We can't wait to meet him!

No comments:
Post a Comment