There are a couple of people I didn't get pictures of that I want to recognize- our realtor Jennifer Pharris (if you need a realtor, let me know, she is amazing!!) and my good buddies Lucy and Becky. I don't really know why I wasn't on the ball with them but I think they will all forgive me.
Rachel and Matt brought us some yummy chinese food. I was able to request what I wanted her to make because I sat and admired her lunches all year long. She taught PPCD K on my team last year. It was so good to chat with them. They are in the process of fostering to adopt and I am so excited for the baby that God has planned for their family!
Christy, Kate, and Kara brought us a delicious dinner and hung out for a while. It is always so good to talk to Christy- she has such good advice as the seasoned mom of our group. She has seen it all and is very comforting! My little brother was staying with me that night and Kate loved him. He was very patient with her- I am amazed at how good he is with kids! I don't have a cute posed picture of them because this one was just too priceless! Here's the funny story-
Christy had just gotten finished telling me about how she took Kara and Kate to this cute little cupcake bakery to celebrate Kara's birthday. She was talking about how much Kara loves sweets and how she devoured her whole cupcake. She talked about how funny it was to her because Kate was scared of her first birthday cake, etc. Well, we hadn't seen Kara for a few moments, and when she came around the corner she had a can of icing that she had gotten out of my trash! Mind you, my trash is in a cabinet, under the sink, away from view! She scavenged it out and was having a big old time licking the remainder of the sugary goodness. It was hilarious! Christy took it away and she wasn't too happy, I think she was really proud of her find! It was the cutest thing I had ever seen- frosting all over the place. This girl indeed has a sweet tooth!
My most recent visitors were Jen and Stephanie. They both used to work with me at Yale but have since moved on to bigger and better things. It was so sweet of them to remember me! Stephanie is a stay at home mom of 2 cutie patooties, so she was able to relate with my tales of having a newborn and give me some good advice too. Jen doesn't want kids, so I am sure being around Brinley during one of her fuss sessions didn't change her mind!
There is one more visitor I want to mention, a baby bunny! I know, simple pleasures, what can I say?! Rocky and Brinley were having a grass watering date and they saw him just chilling in the yard.
We thought it was pretty cool but Brinley was fairly unimpressed- notice the limp arm. I can't wait for the day that she is excited about things like that. It will be so fun!
2 comments:
thanks amy for the shout out! I liked hearing the icing incident again - made me laugh out loud at my daughter! We loved seeing you and Brinley. Also, Kate has mentioned Miss Amy's "boy" ( your brother) many times since our visit. She said he was funny! Hope to see you soon friend!
oh what a great story about the overstreets! kara is so funny! : ) between the yummy icing and miss amy's "boy" those girls are going to love visiting miss amy! : ) oh and i want to see more close ups of brinley so we can see how she has changed! she is sooooo cute!
Post a Comment