Mimi came into town for the weekend to lend a helping hand and to give Rocky and I a chance to go on a much needed date. We were so excited!
Kisses were exchanged....
and we headed out the door.
(apology- you are about to view way too many off centered, self taken pictures of Rocky and I on our date. I just don't like to bother people for a picture but want to capture the moment)
Mom had a coupon to Outback Steakhouse that was about to expire, so of course we took advantage and enjoyed steaks on the patio. Gotta love the Outback bread as well!
Then we went to the movies to see "Away We Go". Cute movie! It was about a couple that are about to have a baby searching for a place to live. Funny that we saw a movie about soon to be parents. The topic was all too familiar!
I tried really hard not to talk solely about the center of my universe swinging away at home...
I tried to bring up other topics of conversation, but it was really hard! I think I only brought her up once and Rocky said he could see on my face that I was trying not to. He knows me too well! Maybe I will get better at really breaking away the more often we do this. It was a wonderful night and something we need to do on a regular basis. Great idea Mimi, thanks for making it all possible!
2 comments:
oh amy. good for y'all! and you look so pretty on your date night!
i think you were matching on your date night...matt and i went to lunch today w/ just paul and considered it a date...it's funny how perspective changes
Post a Comment