Friday, July 10, 2009

1 Month Old!


Each month I plan to post a picture of Brinley in her chair by this little Raggedy Ann doll. This will help us to see how much she has grown pver the month. This little doll is so special to me because my Dad gave it to Brinley when she was born. He gave me a doll very similar to it when I was born and her name was Trixie. He told me that he picked a rag doll because there were no hard pieces that could hurt me. She was my favorite doll for many years but I lost her when I was sick in the hospital with pneumonia. Now Brinley has a doll that I hope she will love the way I loved my little Trixie.
Sweet Brinley Jane-
I can't believe you are one month old today! It feels like I have known you forever but it also seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. You are the joy and light of our lives already!
I have really enjoyed getting to know you this past month. You amaze me everyday as I watch you grow and change! You are really beginning to find your personality and your likes and dislikes. Some moments are harder than others but all in all I would say you are a pretty easy going baby. You love being held and bounced or swaddled up and rocked. You are not a big fan of sitting somewhere by yourself, although some days you surprise me by sitting quietly in your swing or your bouncer to watch me get ready or to just stare at all the neat things around you. You are so observant and alert when you are awake. Your bright wide eyes are so sweet! I don't know if you can see me yet, but I think you smile when I come around! I know that you know your daddy and I because there are times that no one else can settl you down. The minute one of us holds you, your crying stops. That really melts my heart.
We have found the things that soothe you like swaddling, sucking on your paci, or being bounced on our lap, thanks to "Happiest Baby On the Block". Your daddy is especially good at this technique and I would recommend it to all new parents. You love to take baths and have the warm water poured over you. This is such a sweet time for your Daddy and I. You love riding in the car or taking walks in your travel system. If all else fails in the evenings, we always know we can rely on a good long walk around the neighborhood to calm you down. I have pretty much decided that you are happy as long as you are in constant motion. You also really like riding around in the Baby Bjorn carrier and you almost always fall asleep. I love to let you sleep on my chest for at least one of your naps during the day. You also like to nap in your swing. You will go to bed in your crib around 11:00 and sleep all night until around 5:oo each morning. What a nice gift this is for me! I am enjoying it as long as it lasts!
Uncle John got in on some chest napping action- so sweet.

You have found your sweet little voice and I love having conversations with you to hear you coo or grunt. In the mornings I always know you are ready to eat because I hear some little grunts on the monitor like a little piggy, even before you open your eyes. You make some other sounds that I won't get into detail about right now, but they always make your daddy and I giggle.
You have grown so much and are gaining weight every day. At your one month check up today, you weighed 9 pounds and 3 oz! I am so proud of you because the doctor said you are very strong for your age. You can hold your little head up and you can really kick those little legs. The other day I put you on my lap and you got mad that you almost pushed yourself right off my lap and onto the floor! You are developing some nice little rolls on those legs too- making your mommy so proud! You make the funniest movements with your hands and arms, whether it's waving them around, throwing them in the air when I get you out of your swaddle, or sticking your little fists right up next to your chin when you are eating. I love to hold those little hands when I am feeding you.
I try so hard to take in every moment of you as such a little bitty baby. Even in the times where I am frustrated, I can't help but stop to think about how I will not have this moment with you again. You are only this little for so long. I find myself just wanting to kiss your face over and over and hold you close all the time. I never realized how crazy I could be about one little person!
I love you more than words can express and I am so thankful that God gave you to me and your Daddy. Happy one month birthday my little girl.

XOXO, Your Mommy

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Amy, that's beautiful! It's still so amaazing to me to hear my friends call themselves mommy, like how you ended your post, wow! Happy One Month Birthday Brinley! Kisses to you from Bekah and I!

Marcie said...

Gosh... make me cry why don't you!

rebekah l. louis said...

Sweet, sweet!!