Monday, August 9, 2010

An Interview With a 14 Month Old

Sweet Brinley Jane, you are 14 months old today!

You are wearing one of my outfits that I wore as a little girl. I am glad I put it on you today because you are almost too tall for it! (Yep...still no growth chart. I have had other orders this month and haven't had time to do my own daughter's...oh the guilt! There's always next month!)

What are your favorite foods?
goldfish crackers, cheese, mexican food (rice, beans, guacamole, cheese enchiladas, taco meat) blueberries, cantaloupe, grapes, ham, cucumber, banana bread, yogurt, peaches, mandarin oranges...(yes, pretty much just cheese and fruit!)

What are your favorite toys?
- My baby stroller and any doll or stuffed animal that is my baby.
-these interlocking foam puzzle pieces that can be made into a cube
- tupperware and lids
- my shoes
- books- The Belly Button Book, Where's Spot, and the Colors touch and feel book
- my ball popper toy
- my flower flashlight

What else do you enjoy doing?
- clapping for lots of things but especially when my mommy or daddy sing The B-I-B-L-E or one of my other favorite songs

- swimming
- taking baths
- watching Elmo or Clifford in bed in the morning with Mommy
- taking a "rest" while I am playing

- taking just 1 nap that lasts around 2 hours!
- saying "baby" to Mommy while walking up to her with my hands outstretched when I want to be held.
-going bye bye, anywhere!

What new things have you learned this month?
- How to walk on my own!

- How to balance and crouch if I don't really want to walk and Mommy tells me not to sit or crawl

-where things go (headband on head, shoes on feet, etc)


- how to use the remote control

- how to grow 2 new teeth...and get a fever and be really grouchy from it!

- how to follow a direction (put the blanket on baby, put baby in stroller, go get ___, come here please)
- shaking my head no, but sometimes it means yes...
- I respond and understand so many things my mommy and daddy say to me.

What are your new words?
bed (beh), that! (dat), yes please (ok, so this lasted the week we were at Paisano and I haven't heard it since but it was soooo cute! it sounds like "yeh pee". oh, i want it back!) Ava (awah) bear (beh), ball (bah), hey! (this sounds just like it with the voice inflection and everything!), bib (bi), and B-I-B-I-B-I over and over again.

I am not really into pointing and naming things except for family pictures. This person is always Dada, without fail, 100% of the time...

And this person is Dada, Daddy, or Baby (what in the world is keeping my child from saying Mama for crying out loud?!)



Have you been in trouble at all?

Well, maybe a little...I'm into everything!

- I have learned how to throw my style of tantrum. I will lay face down on the ground flat out and pout. It usually happens when I want to be held or I don't want to do something. May or may not include crying, just depends on my mood.

For the most part though, I am a very good girl. I almost always follow directions and obey when my Mommy or Daddy say no or stop. I definitely behave the worst for my mommy but she loves me anyways!
Little Sister, you are the light of my life. It's amazing how much joy one little person can bring to a family! You are so much fun to be around and it's my pleasure to watch you grow and change each day. We love you more than words can express!

5 comments:

Meve & Co. said...

She has really grown up lately in her looks. She is definitely a little toddler.=)

gretch said...

Dear Miss Brinley, It is hard to believe you are growing up! I so love reading all about you and seeing new pictures! Give mommy a big hug for me! Tell her I miss her face too!!! xoxoxo

Jenny said...

Rock Star post once again! You are such a great little blogger Miss Brinley, just like your mamma! I love these charming Q & A's! You know so much and do so much, what a darling personality you have! One that we wish we could see in person more often! We love you!

annalee said...

i'm just sayin' it can't get any cuter than your girl in that outfit you wore once upon a time!

The Proctors said...

Hi Amy! I love your blog! Let me just say that Grayson didn't start recognizing me as "mama" until 16 months, so you are not alone, and the day is coming!!! :)