Friday, December 18, 2009

Yummy!

Lots of yumminess has been going on at our house lately. First of all, I baked some yummy cookies for a cookie exchange party I went to last night. They were unlike anything I had ever had before and they turned out great! It helps to have a cute little helper in the kitchen too.

Butterfinger Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 full size Butterfinger bars, crushed
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture a little at a time (this mixture is very thick!) Fold in Butterfingers and chocolate chips. Roll in balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes. Centers should still be soft when removing from the oven. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.


We also had some yummy butternut squash this week! Brinley is still eating her green beans but I got a much better response to the squash. I don't know if I can keep feeding her in her bouncy seat because she kicks her legs with excitement so much that I can't get the food in her mouth! I love feeding Brinley solid food- it's so much fun!

2 comments:

Jules said...

The girl has good taste! I love butternut squash, too. :) She's so cute!

Jenny said...

gosh she is excited! bekah loves her some squash as well! oh and bekah and zack both loved the zoolander pink lung comment : ). your curtains are looking cute in the background as well amy!