Thursday, December 10, 2009

6 Months Old!

Little Sister,
You are half a year old today! I can't believe that 6 months ago we were at the hospital with you in our deluxe suite watching the rain pour. You were the most precious little newborn, and six months later, you are still precious. I love you more than I did then, believe it or not! What a wonderful month it has been. You are becoming such a big girl and I am so proud of each and every accomplishment you make.

This series of pictures pretty much sums up your this month to a tee. You love to grab, roll, pull, twist, push up, lay down, and crumple. It is almost impossible to get that perfect picture, but honestly, these are perfect because they show you as you really are. Socks halfway on because you have been eating them, hairbow just about to pop off, kicking those legs- perfect.




You do the funniest things and I actually find myself cracking up at you on a daily basis. You have developed a real personality! You always turn your head and shy away when someone looks at you but then you look back at them when they turn their head. Its quite a fun little game for you! You also like watching me walk around the room and when I look at you and say "hey girl!" you will laugh and smile your biggest smile. You also love peek a boo over the side of your crib. Thats a fun one for me when I come to get your from your naps. You have started to play little games with me while you are eating. I can't help but play along even though your Daddy tells me not to associate eating a playing. You are just so much fun to play with!

Your toys have become some of your best friends. Its so nice because you can sit and entertain yourself for quite some time. Some of your favorites are the jittery lion on your carrier, your very hungry caterpillar rattle, and the the pink shiny rattle. You get those rattles in your hands and shake away!
You actually like your bouncy seat more now than ever because you can play with the toys. You especially love to rip the turtle and snail off. You pull that music playing frog over and over and especially love it when your Daddy or I dance a jig to the tune.
You are such a happy and social baby. It really amazes me. You can be screaming your head off in the car and the minute we get into a store, you are smiling and charming all the people around you. Your smile really is contagious- it lights up your entire face! I love that you are a happy baby. That smile makes your Daddy's day when he gets home from work. I know he gets giddy coming in the door because he knows you are going to be glad to see him. What a special gift.

You are still very active, but now you are starting to sit up! You can make it a few seconds without tipping but I know you will have the hang of it really soon. I don't think you are a huge fan yet because when I try to sit your down, you stiff leg it. You are so strong that I eventually just end up letting you lie down instead. You will sit when you are ready.

Your sleeping habits are the farthest thing from habits...they are all over the place! Some nights you sleep 12 hours straight, some nights you wake up once earlier in the evening and sometimes you wake up later in the evening wanting to eat. I have just decided to feed you and stop worrying so much about a schedule all the time. You are still pretty regimented during the day so if you wake up at night I know its because you are hungry. You just eat and go right back to sleep. You really are a good baby and I know you won't be needing me in the middle night for long, so I am glad to do it. You are napping pretty well but some days your naps are just 30 minutes. Again, I have just decided to go with it. I will offer a nap to you, and if you take it- great, and if not- we will deal with that too. You are a much happier baby with those naps though! You always cry for a few minutes at first but you almost always give in and sleep at least a little. I think you got your sleeping habits from me- sorry!
You have 2 new little friends this month as well- teeth! One is poking out pretty well and the other is just a few steps behind. I haven't blogged about this and I have gotten in trouble for it but I was waiting until they came in completely. I am not sure how long it will take but I am pretty sure all this teething business can explain some of your night wakings and other changes in your little body.

Thank you baby girl for being such a sweet heart. You are the light of my life and I can't wait for another half year with you! I love you more than words can express!
XOXO, Your Momma

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Happy half birthday sweet girl! We are so blessed to know you Miss Brinley. Keep spreading God's light little one!