Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I just couldn't resist!"

These are the words I hear each and every time my mom, Mimi, comes to town!

Mom came down for the weekend not only for the dedication, but also to help me out with Brinley while I hosted a shower for Rebekah and Baby Margaret at our house. I just didn't think I could juggle the needs of a baby, 10 hostesses, and 35 guests at the same time so I called in for reinforcements. Mom has to drive through Hillsboro which has the wonderful Gymboree and Carter's Outlets. She is like a moth to a flame and I love it! This time she couldn't resist these boots and ruffley shrug cardigan, and I can see why!

These boots were made for walking!
Mom also brought in a few toys she had been collecting over the past month. She is a bilingual and spanish teacher so she had this funny little dog that sings Feliz Navidad that she wanted to show Brinley.
I am not quite sure what she thought of it, but she did like those maracas! She has her Mommy's rhythm!
(I had a great video of this, but once again blogger has failed me on my video uploading!)
During the shower, Mom took Brinley to do some Christmas shopping and they ended up in Babies R Us. I had asked her to look for some new sleepers for Brinley, which she got, but she also couldn't resist this little reindeer hat and "My First Christmas" bib. It also came with socks but we haven't cracked those open yet. This one absolutely killed me...I mean really, how cute is this cross between a London Palace Guard and Russian businessman?
Gotta see it from every angle to truly appreciate it!
Daddy thought it was pretty cute too!
Yes, I am the cute one ready for Christmas!

Thanks Mimi for all the fun new clothes and toys! Feel free to "couldn't resist" for us again anytime!

No comments: