Sunday, December 13, 2009

Green Beans, the musical fruit, the more you eat em, them more you.....well...

It's official, Brinley has now entered the world of big people food. She had her first taste of veggies- green beans! I decided to go with a more "yucky" veggie for her first taste because I think if she has fruit or a sweet veggie she won't want to go back to the land of the green veg. I might be wrong but it was worth the try.

I first of all I took a trip to Sprouts for some organic veggies and came home with a bag of frozen green beans. I opted for frozen because everything I read says that they are just as good or better because they are "flash frozen" at the peak of freshness! Plus its a whole heck of alot easier to open a bag and dump rather than wash, snap, yada yada yada!

I was armed with my 2 new favorite baby food making tools- a magic bullet (thanks Mom!) and my baby food cookbook (thanks Sari!)


I froze most of the food but saved back a little for the big taste test! (Warning- this video is super long!)




I don't think she was too thrilled. Her face says alot- an initial excitement about eating, an overall let down about the taste, a sort of confusion about why she is still eating, then a new fascination for the spoon and complete lack of interest in the green beans. I think she kept eating just so she could grab the spoon. It was the first time she actually stopped eating on her own! Oh well, I have read that a baby might turn away a food 15-20 times before developing a like or dislike to it, so we will keep on trying!

Update...



Hey, it's a new day today and I loved my green beans!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

way to go brinley! how exciting! and that video was not too long at all, we could have watched a whole 30 minute episode of just her eating, she was so cute and sweet! bekah and i watched it during breakfast today and she was captivated by how nice and sweet brinley was about a veggie that took bekah 2 months to like! it was funny because when brinley started grabbng the spoon, so did bekah, and she hasn't done that in a long time!