Monday, June 13, 2011

2nd Birthday Day!

Brinley's birthday started later than usual- she slept til 8:00! What a nice present for me, but I was sad that I wouldn't be able to take a picture with her at 7:29, the time she was born. So, I took a picture with the video monitor instead. You do what you gotta do!

When we were all up and ready, we came inside to read our birthday cards. Nan and Dee got the best card- Minnie Mouse singing the happy birthday song!
Then it was time for birthday breakfast- monkey bread! Blow out the candles!
Nan got to be a part of the celebration since she had been in town visiting for the past couple of days. I am glad she was there to help me enjoy the monkey bread because Brinley didn't like it! I guess we will need to find a new birthday breakfast from now on. My girl wasn't feeling the greatest on her birthday, so she was extra snuggly. I was eating it up because I don't get as many snuggles as I did 2 years ago!
Dee told Nan to go right out and buy Brinley a birthday balloon. She found the perfect Elmo one that Brinley would not let go of all morning. It even provided for a little color practice!
We were supposed to have a playdate with our playgroup that morning but since Brin had been coughing, I didn't want her to spread germs to anyone else, so we opted out. We had already baked some cupcakes to share with our friends, so we decided go have lunch with Daddy and share them with his co-workers! Brinley helped me frost them, she is such a good little kitchen helper!
But of course, no 2 year old birthday would be complete without a melt-down, right? I seriously don't know what happened, but we were happy when we frosted the cupcakes, then I decided to let her have one, and everything went south from there. There were lots of tears, no's, kicking of feet, and frustration. I don't know how all that emotion came from what was supposed to be a fun and delicious treat, but it did. I guess I should get used to it!
Everything was fine a few minutes later and we headed to eat lunch with Daddy! Brinley did a great job, she was so excited to see Daddy!
Now we can enjoy the cupcake!
We headed home just in time for nap. While I was doing my normal naptime activities- watching tv, blog stalking, and a load of laundry- the garage door opened and Rocky walked in! He said his upper level told him to go home. So, when the little sister woke up, we opened presents from Mommy and Daddy!
Brinley played with this baby set at one of her friend's houses and loved it.
We also got her some color wonder paper and markers. I think she is the only kid her age that has never colored with markers before- it was about time!
After presents, the Seamans let us borrow the keys to their neighborhood pool so we swam the afternoon away. Dinner from Bueno was the perfect topper to a great day. Then it was off to bed to prepare for the big party the next day (those posts are coming soon!) Happy birthday, precious girl!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Happy Birthday Brinley! I can't believe she is already 2- time goes by too fast!