Thursday, June 16, 2011

A "Poppin' Good" 2nd Birthday Party- Elements


The theme of Brinley's party this year was popsicles. Of course, those of you who know me well, know that I have been planning this party since Brinley turned one. I know it's a little over the top, but it's actually nice because I could be watching for popsicle things, watching sales, and working on the handmade elements of the party without stressing. I enjoy party planning for my girlie, and this might be the last year that I get to pick them theme! So, here are the elements of the party. First things first, here's the Birthday Girl in her outfit- popsicle swimsuit, hat and sunglasses from Gymboree Outlet (one of last year's collections)



The Invite-
The welcome sign directing everyone to the backyard-
An overall view of the backyard. Those are chinese lanterns and homemade starbursts made from a pink lunch sack hanging from the trees.
I put her monthly pics on cardstock popsicles and hung them on a some ball fringe I had wrapped around the tree. Do you like how there is no pic on the 24 month popsicle??
This is the only pic of my little popsicle garland hung on the umbrella...sorry Mikey!Another food table pic. The blank spot is where the cake would eventually go. It stayed in the fridge until the last minute!




and another....I put pink lemonade it cups with lids and fun straws for the kiddos. And had extra lemonade with larger sized cups and bottled waters for the adults. Here are some close ups of the sweets we served. The party was 3:00-5:00, so we didn't serve a meal, just snacks. "Orange Creamsicle" bars. Here's the recipe.



"Bomb Pop" parfaits. Just strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream!
Popsicle Stick Snack Mix- a nice salty break from all the sweets!
"Fudgesicle" covered pretzels....that melted almost immediately but still tasted delicious.
"Rainbow Pop" Birthday cake. I just used 2 boxed cake mixes, separated out into 6 bowls, colored each one, and baked them in separate pans. Frosted them with this buttercream and decorated with fondant popsicles.

The favors were Popsicle/Ice Cream Cone holders
and Soapsicles!
The sticker says "Thanks for Popping By!"

No comments: