Thursday, June 30, 2011

Brownwood Lake Trip

We spent last week at our family lake house in Brownwood. Our friends the Burkhart's, Louis', and Warminski's came along. If the Hartzlers had been there, it would have been a UTSW reunion, but they couldn't make it. We missed yall! We arrived first and a family arrived each day thereafter. By Thursday we were all there! It was a fun week with many firsts for Brinley-

First time to wear her new puddle jumper life jacket. (She never complained about wearing this, it's a must have for any of you that are around the lake alot)
First swim off the boat in the lake (the deep water). She loved it!


First time watching Daddy...

And Mommy ski! (I hadn't skiied since before I was pregnant with Brinley!) First time feeding ducks off the crappie house. First time to watch Rocky to take the bumpy slide off the crappie house....wheee!!

First family swim in the lake.
First time on the boat with friends.
First french braid done by Miss Jenny!
First time to use playdough stampers.
First dinner on the deck with all her besties there!
First time to fingerpaint with the real stuff (not the homemade stuff I make!)
First time to wash off said fingerpaint in the baby pool, and the first time to swim with Bekah in the baby pool!

First time to make smores...
And eat em!
First kids group picture...in patriotic garb!! (hahaha, you know it ain't the first kids pic!!)
First time to ride with Daddy in the wagon.
First time to play baseball...
and the first time I didn't want my daddy to help me bat!
Brinley do it! First time to celebrate my birthday with Daddy, Luke, and Miss Meagan.


But... it was not the first time we had an absolute blast with precious friends. And I know it won't be the last!

Thanks for a fun week friends, and thanks for letting us take over the lake house, Nan and Dee!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

what a creative and sweet post! looks like yall had a lot of fun.

Jenny said...

Cute post Amy! I love that first pic of Brinley! Thanks again for having us out, we had an absolute blast! Can't wait for our next reunion!