Friday, June 10, 2011

An Interview with a 2 Year Old!

Brinley Jane,
You are 2 years old! I really cannot believe it, 2 whole years since I met you for the first time. You are a big girl now, no longer a baby at all, but I couldn't be happier. You make me so very proud! Being a Mommy to you has exceeded my expectations and I count my blessings every single day.

What are your favorite foods?
Broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, and tomatoes
Bananas, berries, oranges, cantaloupe, pineapple, and watermelon
Chicken strips, pizza, macaroni and cheese, pasta, pancakes, and burritos
Cheddar bunnies, pretzels, wheat thins
Cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and frozen yogurt
What are your favorite toys?
play food and dishes
water table
baby and stroller
sidewalk chalk
shape sorter train or roller coaster car
dress up clothes What else do you enjoy doing?
jumpin on bounce houses
cooking with Mommy
wrapping up in a blankie and being rocked
bathtime with Daddy and playing “Go Find Mommy”
Playing at the Grapevine Rec Center
singing- Twinkle Twinkle, ABC song, Holy Holy, Jesus Loves Me, The BIBLE, Our God is an Awesome God, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. I know all the words and motions and I love to sing at the top of my lungs when I am in bed, playing, or just walking down the sidewalk!
Playing at the YMCA with Ava Woo Woo or Hannah and Ella
swimming
coloring
Watching TV in Mommy's bed first thing in the morning. I wake up and say, "Get in Mommy Bed?" Then I proceed to ask where my Daddy is, every morning. Sometimes I give him the cold shoulder when he has been gone for a while, but I really love him. What new things have you learned this month?
I can remember my friends names. I meet lots of kids at church that Mommy doesn’t know, and when I see them I call them by name and surprise her! I love my friends!
I am getting good at sorting by color.
I am starting to feel pride in my accomplishments. When I do something on my own I say, “Yay Brinley!”

I now push my hair back out of my face when my bangs aren’t pulled back. Mommy and Daddy think this makes me look so old!
I know how to spell my name!


Have you been in trouble at all?
Well, yes, I am 2 aren’t I? I am told to obey quite a few times a day. I usually comply with the word obey, but some days I am feeling bold and I say NO! I have had a few dates with the sad spoon and a few moments of time out, but I am a pretty good girl.
The thing I know for sure is that I am the worst behaved for my Mommy, and even though it is hard for her, she is glad that I am a good girl when I am at the Y or at church in the nursery. I tried out my crayon on her bedroom wall and that didn’t end well either. I now know we color on paper!
Is there anything you don’t like?
Everyday is different. I can love something one day and hate it the next.
I still get scared of really loud noises like the vacuum, weed eater, and grass blower. I also have not liked going to bed much at all this month. Oh well, at least I have my best lovies.
Precious girl, you have my heart. I love your joy, your passion, your kindness to friends, your excitement about the little things, and your ability to light up a room with just one smile. I pray that God continues to grow you into a sweet and loving little girl. Never forget that you are a treasure in our eyes but more importantly, in God's. I can't wait to see all that He has in store for your little life in the next year and I will thank Him every day for the blessing you are to me.
I love you more than words can express!
xoxo, Your Momma

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Brinley! Wow, she can spell her name AND sing Holy, Holy, she is a mini Henry! : )
Way to go girl!

rebekah l. louis said...

"yay brinley" is 2!! such a sweet pic of miss brin in her crib with her lovies!

great video (ps- youtube tells me that the next video is: spelling name with hiney:) can't wait to see brin attempt that! )

Kristen said...

happy birthday brinley jane! we love you so much and enjoy every minute we spend with you. now when people ask us how old we are our mommies can both say 2! makes it a little easier. your party was super fun! love, vaughanie and ava