After lunch and some playing we had cake and sang happy birthday.
Brinley was a little timid with the cake at first and definitely a slow eater. I guess her lack of excitement was due to the fact that this wasn't her first tango with sugar or cake. That idea flew out the window months ago! She took her time and enjoyed each bite.
This picture is funny because you can see her eyeing the watermelon!
Then it was time to clean up.
I had the cutest little watermelon bathing suit but we opted for the redneck bathing suit instead! She was happy so I was too. Returns and Exchanges here I come!
Tyler was giving Brinley hugs in the pool. Can't tell if she liked it or not!
Once we had had enough swimming, we got dressed again and opened presents! Brinley got some great stuff!
I love how Brinley kissed her piggy bank.
One of the funniest parts of the day was Brinley learning to share with her friends. Just look at my face! Those girls were having a regular cat fight over that caterpillar toy!
So Jenny used her mad teacher skills to tell the girls that they need to share... I love the way I am just laughing and pointing at them instead of seizing the teachable moment. Good job Jenny!
What a fun day full of great memories!
2 comments:
loved every single detail about the party!! even though b can't really appreciate all the effort, i know she felt special and loved. she will have these great pics and be so grateful one day. at least that is what i tell myself when planning and going over the top with my kids parties. :) can't wait to see birthday #2!!
oh my gosh amy, why couldn't you have cropped out that close up of me???? yuck! it's worse than henry picking his nose,teehee! atleast that was cute! it was a funny moment though, glad you captured it, but sorry by big mouth got in the way! impressive posting by the way! gold star for you!
Post a Comment