They gave it to me on our special plate with a candle on top that I had to blow out. Daddy had to leave for work right after that so he took some monkey bread to go. I love him and wish he could have stayed home with us all day!
Then Mommy and I ate our monkey bread on the patio, one of my favorite places! It was really yummy! Mommy said I could have it every year on my birthday!
We ate alot of it, but we shared some with Mr. Johnathan too.
After breakfast, Mommy told me she wanted to take a picture with me because it was just about the time I was born 1 year ago. 7:29 am to be exact! This was the only one where I was looking at the camera...of course because Mommy's hair looks weird in this one!
We both look a little different than we did last year- well, at least I do! haha, just kidding!
After that I started getting lots of phonecalls wishing me a happy birthday. Papa called me and played the happy birthday song on his calculator like he does for Mommy every year. I liked it alot.

After that I started getting lots of phonecalls wishing me a happy birthday. Papa called me and played the happy birthday song on his calculator like he does for Mommy every year. I liked it alot.
I was so tuckered out from all that celebrating that I took a nap and Momma got ready. When I woke up Mom dressed me in Margaret's smocked watermelon dress, because she is a little obsessed with my birthday party theme, and she took lots of pictures of me. Then we got in the car to go to lunch at Chick-Fil-A, one of my favorite places! When I got there, some of my friends were there to eat with me!
Miss Vaughanie and Ava got me this cool balloon to put on my chair. I love them!

I really wanted to eat my chicken but I just couldn't let go of that neat balloon. Don't worry though, I just ate with one hand.

I really wanted to eat my chicken but I just couldn't let go of that neat balloon. Don't worry though, I just ate with one hand.
Mommy told me that these ladies are some of her best friends and that they have taught her alot about how to be a mommy over the past year. I like them too.
After we ate, Mommy let me go in the play place with all the big kids. It was sooo fun!
Audrey slept the whole time.
I started by standing and holding on to the wall...
but that got old and I wanted to be with the big kids. So Mom just tucked in my dress and off I went! I was obsessed with the tube slide.

When I wanted to stand again, Ava was a good shoulder to lean on. That's what friends are for!
When I wanted to stand again, Ava was a good shoulder to lean on. That's what friends are for!
Mom got lots of pictures of the back of my head because I was so busy watching all the action. And of course Henry didn't want to look at the camera either, we have an agreement about that!

After lunch we came home and Mommy put me down for a nap. After about 30 minutes of sleeping, I remembered that it was my birthday so I woke up! I couldn't sleep on my birthday for crying out loud! So, we played and did some fun things around the house then Daddy called and said he was coming home early- hooray! We went to Sams to buy some stuff for my party. My mommy made me pose on the watermelon pile just because she is weird like that. I didn't mind but Daddy was embarrassed.
After lunch we came home and Mommy put me down for a nap. After about 30 minutes of sleeping, I remembered that it was my birthday so I woke up! I couldn't sleep on my birthday for crying out loud! So, we played and did some fun things around the house then Daddy called and said he was coming home early- hooray! We went to Sams to buy some stuff for my party. My mommy made me pose on the watermelon pile just because she is weird like that. I didn't mind but Daddy was embarrassed.
So, he took me walking all around the store. I loved it!
After Sams we went to my favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes. It's actually Mom's favorite but I like it too because it has lots of things I like to eat like beans, pasta, cheese, peas, sweet potatoes, and muffins. Oh yeah, and ice cream for dessert!

Mommy said she deserved to pick the restaurant because she was celebrating her 1 year anniversary as a mom.
Mommy said she deserved to pick the restaurant because she was celebrating her 1 year anniversary as a mom.
After that I was all tuckered out so we headed home to bed. I had a great first birthday! Thanks everyone for making my day so special. I love you!
7 comments:
Glad you had a great day. We loved being able to share it with you!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!! Loved seeing pictures from your special day!!!
Oh my! She is SOOO cute!!! Looks like she had an awesome 1st birthday!!! :)
That was one of the cutest posts you have ever done, you got Brinley's "voice" down pat! All those pics, especially the one in the watermelons were sooo cute! Gosh, I wish we could have been there! See you tomorrow though!
Happy birthday brinley!
i'm in love with the watermelon picture! good work amy!
love her sweet curls coming in! love the bday sign and her pillow case dress. she has a great mom too!=)
seriously, i have found at least 3 items of clothing in your last few posts that i have recently purchased for myself or the girls!
Post a Comment