I'm gonna be honest...I started planning Brinley's first birthday party when she was about 1 month old. It all started when I saw a pic of this sugar cookie....

and the ideas came a flowing! I thought the theme would be perfect for her summer birthday and I did LOVE and crave watermelon during my pregnancy, so it fit. So, I called up my best friend and "go-to" gal, Erin, and the rest is history. She helped me so much and we had a blast doing the party together! There is no way I could have done it without her- thanks Er!

Now, you know I couldn't put every pic I want to include for the party in one blog post, so I am going to do a few- not sure how many yet! First, I am going to describe the elements that went into the big watermelon bash!
Element #1- The invitation
I worked long and hard on making this invitation on the website, Scrapblog. Well, it looked great until I sent it off to be printed and it came back chopped off on the side! I like that site for putting stuff on my blog but printing a saved image is a totally different story!

I didn't have time to order anything else, so I went to plan B. A trip to PaperSource and the Sams photo lab later I ended up with these puppies.

Element #2- The birthday girl in her perfect watermelon outfit, from bow to shoes. She isn't smiling here because she just woke up from her nap and she was a bit confused about all the commotion.

Then she came around and the smile completed the outfit!
Element #3- A great looking backyard (thanks Rocky!) with baby pools, a sandbox, and chairs and blankets to sit on.

Element #4- A outside table with pom poms to keep with the pink and green color scheme...

with labeled jars of watermelon lemonade (http://www.smittenkitchen.com/) and iced tea

And a mantel decorated with pictures of Brinley's firsts and a polka dotted watermelon garland.

The party turned out just as I had hoped and I had so much fun planning it! I know it might seem over the top to some of you, and I will admit that I was out of control with the theme, but if you know me, you aren't surprised! And even though some say the first birthday party is really for the parents, which I will agree with for the most part...

I would do it all again for this gal anytime! And as a matter of fact, I already have my ideas a'brewing for birthday #2!

and the ideas came a flowing! I thought the theme would be perfect for her summer birthday and I did LOVE and crave watermelon during my pregnancy, so it fit. So, I called up my best friend and "go-to" gal, Erin, and the rest is history. She helped me so much and we had a blast doing the party together! There is no way I could have done it without her- thanks Er!
Now, you know I couldn't put every pic I want to include for the party in one blog post, so I am going to do a few- not sure how many yet! First, I am going to describe the elements that went into the big watermelon bash!
Element #1- The invitation
I worked long and hard on making this invitation on the website, Scrapblog. Well, it looked great until I sent it off to be printed and it came back chopped off on the side! I like that site for putting stuff on my blog but printing a saved image is a totally different story!

I didn't have time to order anything else, so I went to plan B. A trip to PaperSource and the Sams photo lab later I ended up with these puppies.

Element #2- The birthday girl in her perfect watermelon outfit, from bow to shoes. She isn't smiling here because she just woke up from her nap and she was a bit confused about all the commotion.
Then she came around and the smile completed the outfit!
Element #3- A great looking backyard (thanks Rocky!) with baby pools, a sandbox, and chairs and blankets to sit on.
Element #4- A outside table with pom poms to keep with the pink and green color scheme...
with labeled jars of watermelon lemonade (http://www.smittenkitchen.com/) and iced tea
and ice cold watermelon, of course!
A banner to designate where the birthday girl will sit
And a mantel decorated with pictures of Brinley's firsts and a polka dotted watermelon garland.
Amazing sugar cookie cupcakes made by Erin. Lots of time and effort went into these and trust me, they were as tasty as they were precious!
A smash cake made by Erin and I that was originally standing up but took a little tumble during the party.
A smash cake made by Erin and I that was originally standing up but took a little tumble during the party.
Watermelon Patch dirt cake- gotta love some good old fashioned oreos and chocolate pudding!

Element #7- Sack Lunches of Ham and Turkey Wraps or PB&J. I did sack lunches so I could be sure to have enough food for everyone, no plates needed, and people could sit anywhere to eat!
Element #8- A table with a place to sign in on the children's book, Watermelon Day.
and favors of watermelon suckers and personalized water bottles for each of the kiddos.
The party turned out just as I had hoped and I had so much fun planning it! I know it might seem over the top to some of you, and I will admit that I was out of control with the theme, but if you know me, you aren't surprised! And even though some say the first birthday party is really for the parents, which I will agree with for the most part...
I would do it all again for this gal anytime! And as a matter of fact, I already have my ideas a'brewing for birthday #2!
4 comments:
Oh Amy, I don't know where to start! It was all awesome and special and perfect in every single way! I am so glad you did this "element" post too because I didn't exactly get to see every little detail as I was chasing after my "dollie and sippy cup snatcher!" I loved your mantel idea, I didn't even see it at the party! Oh and I just can't seeay enough about the pom poms and the watermelon pic display! Hmm . . . I will have to see if you will let me just link this to my blog when I talk about Brinley's party! And I want to hear about birthday number 2! Funny because I already have my ideas brewing for Bekah as well!
I feel like I missed out on so much at the party. I didn't know you had all this stuff! SO Beautiful, I wish I had a chance to really look at all the hard work you put into it!
i'm officially in love with her first birthday! it's never too early to start the planning and obviously all those months paid off:)
this post made me go to the grocery store and buy watermelon today. you had be wanting some so much after all these cute pictures:)
All I can say is wow! Will you pls plan my next party?=)
Post a Comment