Sunday, June 6, 2010

Team Lampert

My brother David is an avid triathlete. He is really good at it and enjoys the sport immensely. He casually mentioned the idea of a sibling triathalon a few months ago and John and I hopped right on board. I have to say I was saying yes only because there was no other sibling to fill the spot, I wanted to do this with my brothers, and I thought it would be great motivation to get me back into running. More on the race later...

When the parents got wind that all 3 children would be competing together, they made their way down to show their support and cheer us on. They both came down on Saturday. Dad showed up first and was as excited as ever to see his baby girl...and by that I mean Brinley!
Dad had to get some pics on his phone to take back for brag time at work.
The boys went and played golf and Mom arrived shortly thereafter to help me with Brinley while I fixed dinner.

Rocky grilled some delicious shrimp and chicken and I fixed a big bowl of pasta primavera for the "carb load"!
We ate on the patio even though it was hot because we were excited to use our new larger table. Our other tabletop shattered in the storm last week so we pulled out this one that we got from Royce and Donna for Christmas. We love it!
Race day came too quickly after an 11:00 pm bedtime. Ready or not, here we come! David did the swim, John did the bike, and I did the run.

David is the one with his shirt off in the blue cap. This was the only real pic we could get of him because there were so many swimmers. He did amazing, but I am not surprised!

Since my run was last, I had lots of time, so I found my loyal supporters. Kalyn came and helped take care of Brinley and support John. She is so sweet!
Next came John on the bike. He also did a great job! That's him in the white shirt and helmet.
Mimi enjoyed entertaining Brinley and keeping her happy.

Yay for John!

Then it was my turn for the run. It was really hard to say the least. Might be partially from my lack of training due to being a mom, the intense heat and beating sun, the lack of water stations, or the lack of sleep I had over the past few days....but needless to say, I struggled. I was ready to quit at 3 miles...
but I completed all 6. I finished with a 10.13 pace which is not horrible, but not where I was back in my half marathon days. I am proud I finished, but more than that I love the fact that I could be a part of this event with my brothers.

At least Brinley was happy in her trusty red stroller!

Don't know if I will be racing anytime soon! Thanks for everyone who cheered me on- in person and in thought!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay, blogger finally worked for you! Congratulations Amy! That's a great post, felt like I was right there with you, hahaha, like i would be right there running, how about right there eating that yummy shrimp on your new furniture??? It's so pretty! Oh and did you make that cute yellow bumblebee : ) looking shirt dress?? it is sooo cute on that cutie pie of yours!! i love the bows on the top!

annalee said...

that is soooo neat! i love that y'all did it together!

Jennifer said...

Great job Amy, I admire runners b/c I am definitely not one!