Yesterday morning I got a call from Sari saying that her sister had her baby and she was planning to spend the day with them at the hospital. I had offered to keep Witt so I got to be a mommy of 2! We had already planned to meet our playgroup at the farm, and being the type to never wants to miss out, I borrowed a double stroller from my neighbor and off we went!

First stop, feeding the goats. All the playgroup girls helped "the twin mom" out but Vaughanie was especially helpful because Ava walks and she already knows Witt! I didn't think about how hard it would be to manage 2 non-walkers in a place where you get out of the stroller alot. Thanks Vaughanie!
First stop, feeding the goats. All the playgroup girls helped "the twin mom" out but Vaughanie was especially helpful because Ava walks and she already knows Witt! I didn't think about how hard it would be to manage 2 non-walkers in a place where you get out of the stroller alot. Thanks Vaughanie!
Of course Brinley loved the goats and talked in her "dog voice" to them. She wasn't even scared of this overly hungry big guy, and I was!
Friends are for grabbing. They loved being together in the stroller and were hanging on to one another the whole day!
This picture cracks me up- It's like Witt is saying "Really, Miss Amy? Nice shot of the donkey!"
Next we went on a little hayride around the property. The tractor driver thought Brinley and Witt were twins and made some comments to me about it- I guess it's not a far cry!
Witt didnt like the hay at first.
The whole playgroup!
This big guy crowed at us very loudly...
And Witt didn't like that either! Poor guy!
Some of the animals had just had babies. All was well until Brinley shrieked with excitement at the sight of this little one.
After we had our fill of farm animals, we had a nice picnic under a shade tree on the lawn. Then we saw a photo opp and had to take advantage, but of course Brinley wasn't wanting to look at the camera...
Yeah, not so much...
Oh wait, here's that face...lovely. Do you think she might be tired of having a camera in her face after all these months?
Witten came through for me! Now he was loving the hay!
After all that, it was home again jiggety jig. The kids both took 3 hour naps so the afternoon was a breeze! There aren't any other pictures of them after they woke up because I didn't have too many chances to snap pictures while chasing 2 crawlers. But I liked this one for sure.
5 comments:
super cute pics of the 2 of them! glad they coordinated in their green.
They are so cute together. Looks like fun.
Way to go Miss Amy! You made that look easy! And I am not surprised that you got the twin comment, you would be really good at something like that . . . teehee! I love that picture of the playgroup, standing up in front of the hay : ). Oh and Bekah got that green dress for her birthday, I love how it has a collar : ).
Your daughter is so unbelievably cute!!! Natalie has the same dress, but hasn't gotten to wear it yet because it hasn't been warm enough. Hopefully soon! Anyways, love reading your blog. Take care!!
Those two are so cute! I can see the twins thing! Their greens even matched! What a fun day!
Post a Comment