Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday at Home

We spent Saturday at home...and can I just say how nice it was? We have travelled so much over the past few months that a day at home felt great. I went for a long run to prepare for my upcoming 10k and Brinley and Rocky met me out on the street as I was gasping for air. We walked a bit then Rocky did some lawn work. Check out those awesome safety goggles!


It was nice and cool out, so I decided to introduce Brinley to a new activity- drawing with sidewalk chalk. She loved it!







Do you see a trend in my posts of me photographing Brinley's hands and feet? I'm a little obsessed with them...especially when they are covered in colored chalk!

Our Masterpiece!

We went in and got cleaned up. Then Rocky and Brinley took a nap and I went to get a haircut. :0)

That evening we went to a baby shower for my friend Michelle. It was more like a big party than a typical shower. I was one of the hostesses and here is my contribution. I think they turned out really cute!

Joanna was actually in on them with me. She was in charge of the butterflies and I was in charge of the hoot owls.

There were lots of kids in attendance, so they rented a bounce house to keep them occupied. While Rocky was watching Brinley he let her go in and she LOVED it!
I would have never thought to put her in there but after Rocky did, I could see that it's a great place for a toddler- enclosed, soft, and bouncy! Of course she was in there with just Renee, none of the big kids to bounce her out! So, that's another first experience for Miss Brin in one day. Fun times.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Those hand and feet pictures are so sweet! That artistic talent will come flowing out of that girl before we know it! And speaking of artistic talent, those butterfly cupcakes were amazing Amy! It made me really happy that you guys had a great weekend with daddy too : )