Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweatin' at the Arboretum

Today we met up with lots of friends at the Arboreteum. Sari and Witt are headed back to Minnesota tomorrow, so we wanted to make sure they experienced the sweltering Texas heat before they headed home. Seriously, it was H.O.T. It was the first day that I really didn't enjoy the sun and cloudless sky.

I tried to have a photo shoot but Brinley refused to look at the camera.

Instead she clapped...

and pointed.... oh well!


I love this pic of Rebekah and Marge (this is only my nickname for her, Rebekah does not condone it but I just have to call her that!!)

I actually have nicknames for all the kids-
A very sweaty Lukey Dukey and Henry Man played hard!

Mr. Witt Witt was getting fresh with Brinley, but I don't mind. They need practice holding hands for that day they walk down the aisle!

Ava Wava thought she needed a sip of Henry's "green juice", also known as water.

The animals in the petting zoo were quite interesting.

Ava and Brinley had a riveting discussion on their favorites!

Michelle, Joanna, and Renee came a little later. We haven't seen them in a few weeks and Brinley was so excited to reunite with her good buddy Renee!

Henry LOVED the baby deer. He kinda took it on as his own.

Ava had a great time collecting sticks and handing them to all of us so politely.
Brin practiced her crawling on the grass-

And her walking! She really doesn't try this on her own yet at all. She just isn't too interested in it, and I'm ok with that.

She played Peek-A-Boo with Henry Man

And then found the only patch of dirt in the whole place!
We still managed to have fun with our friends despite all the sweat!

4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

let's see...you got some great pics! i have one of brinley and witt holding hands- i'll send it to you. cute pic of you and brinley. even though she wouldn't look at the camera (welcome to my world!), precious pics of brin! had fun sweating with you!

rebekah l. louis said...

oh, and you know i cringe every time you call her marge :) love you :)

Amy Mc said...

Yeah...sorry Rebekah, the name just came to me and it stuck! You know Brinley has a nickname to get me back with though...hahaha!
And Jenny, in case you're wondering, your little sweetie is Miss Bekah, a proper name for a proper girl! :0) Audrey is still coming into her nickname. I am sure I will have one soon!

Jenny said...

ha! that nickname for margaret made me laught out loud! and what great pics of her at the beginning, looking at the camera or not, she is a model with a captital M! thanks for a great documentation of the day, i feel like i was right there! thanks for the bekah nickname shout out as well, you are too kind to remember us : )