Thursday, May 6, 2010

Florida Fun- Pool, Photo Shoot, and Dinner Out

Brinley had a very different reaction to the swimming pool than she had to the ocean. It was much warmer, still, and she could ride in her floatie we borrowed from our good buddy Ava- thanks Ava!

Rocky was really good at being the motor on that thing. It was the hit of the resort- people kept asking us where we got it and commenting on how cute it was. It really was lots of fun!

After a while in the floatie, I had to get my girl out for some hands on time. Singing, splashing, and twirling is what I do best!

After swimming we cleaned up and took some family photos. I am going to include tons because I know many of my loyal readers like to upload pics off my blog, so here are some of my favorites.

My lens kept fogging up due to the humidity. I actually kinda liked the dreamy effect it gave this pic of Rocky and Brin.
My loves...

Contemplating the future...
Happy with her driftwood...

A bowless (you're welcome, Grandy) serious shot...
The pin up pose- my favorite!
Me and My Little Sister Girl!

Since we were all dressed up, we decided to go and have a nice dinner out. I had 2 specifications- I wanted to eat seafood and I wanted to see the water. We got a recommendation from a fellow ophthalmologist we met at the hotel so we decided to go for it. The restaurant was very nice, probably too nice for a baby, but once we were there we had to follow through. We sat on the neatest little balcony overlooking the beach. It only had 4 tables on it and luckily, everyone sitting in those tables were very nice and very glad to be around a baby.

Brinley sat and ate her cheerios appetizer while we waited for our food....and waited....and waited.
Our waitress brought out her meal of black beans and rice with our appetizer and she scarfed it all down way before our main course came.
Being past her bedtime, a diaper rash, and lack of any more food caused a little meltdown so, needless to say, Rocky and I didn't get to really enjoy our main course too much. After a diaper change and a little walk around, Brinley was able to make it through the rest of the dinner but I was a little frazzled. It was a delicious dinner, I would have just enjoyed it lasting an hour rather than 2! Lesson learned- don't take a restaurant recommendation from a single guy!
From there, it was back to the hotel for bed- Rocky and Brinley were both asleep by 8:30- PAARTAY!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those beach pictures are fantastic! Especially the family one, are you going to use it for a Christmas card? And the one of Rocky and Brinley is the sweetest! You look so pretty in that blue dress and necklace too! Lovin all these trip details . . can't wait for the last installment!

gretch said...

Amy! Those are adorable...I love the one with Brinley and the umbrella. TOO precious! So glad you guys had a wonderful time away...I know it was much needed! xo