Oh my goodness, this is my last “monthly post!” I can’t believe I have written 11 of these letters to you, much less that you have been in my life for 11 months! Could someone please invent a stop button for me? I used to say that when I was teaching and I was overwhelmed with work and stress, but I am still saying it because you are growing up too fast! You are the sweetest, happiest, friendliest, funniest, smartest, and cutest baby I know...and I am not biased. :0) You are my best buddy and I couldn’t be any happier to be your mommy. God has been so good to me.
I love how you are becoming a little communicator these days. You babble and gurgle long sentences complete with head nods and hand gestures. You really have important things to say and demand our full attention when you are speaking. You haven’t added any new vocabulary to what you were already saying- Dada, Mmmmommma, and Bye Bye- but you are definitely doing your best to communicate. Pretty much everything is Dada these days, I think it's your favorite word. Your newest hand motions/signs are the “I don’t know” shrug, and the sign for drink, which is you putting your fist over your mouth. You use the drink sign appropriately but I don’t think you know that putting your hands up and shrugging means “I don’t know”.

You still wave and say “bu bye” at the doors when we go outside and you get so excited about going outside that you kick your legs and squeal. You have cracked us up a lot this month and I find myself with my mouth gaping open at the stuff you can do! I absolutely love how much you love to play peekaboo. You have started being the one to hide now, it’s hilarious. You see, it isn’t necessary for us to not see you, you just need something to crouch behind. I can tell you are so proud of yourself when you’re doing it too.
You still wave and say “bu bye” at the doors when we go outside and you get so excited about going outside that you kick your legs and squeal. You have cracked us up a lot this month and I find myself with my mouth gaping open at the stuff you can do! I absolutely love how much you love to play peekaboo. You have started being the one to hide now, it’s hilarious. You see, it isn’t necessary for us to not see you, you just need something to crouch behind. I can tell you are so proud of yourself when you’re doing it too.
You are quite the little player these days. By player, I mean that you love to play with all your toys and you do it really well alone. You will study certain things intently like wheels, tags, or things that crinkle. You will just go from toy to toy in the living room playing independently. One of the toys you love right is the singing Alaska polar bear that Memo and Pop brought you back from their cruise. You always want me to play the song after you wake up from your nap. You point to it, make a squealing noise and then smile and dance when I push it’s paw and make it sing. You also love your ball pop up toy, your maraca, and the table where your toys go. It’s like your little clubhouse :0).
You have developed a few new fears and anxieties this month. You are scared of the vacuum (maybe because you haven’t seen it much throughout your 11 months), the bath water running and now the bath for some reason, and one page out of our Guess How Much I Love You pop up book where the daddy rabbit stretches out his arms. You always cry very loudly and passionately when you are scared and I can definitely tell the difference in that type of cry as opposed to all the others. You have more separation anxiety from me this month as well. You almost always cry for a minute or so when I leave you in the nursery and you only want me to hold you when you are tired. This behavior sorta went away for a few months, and it’s back now, so I hope it goes away again. I love you so much but I want you to feel secure and comfortable with me leaving you.
You are still an excellent eater. You just eat any and everything we are eating and it is so nice not to have to make separate food for you! You are so passionate about eating that you stuff way too much food in your mouth. Sometimes it’s so full that you can barely close it! After you are full, you will throw a few pieces off the side of your tray. I have decided that you are feeding the imaginary dog that you dream about each night. Right now, you just have a dog named Dustbuster that stays by your high chair. Hopefully he can suffice your need for an actual dog for a while! When you are finished eating you will rip off your bib or start pushing all the food off your tray. You don’t do this very often, but when you’re done- you’re done!

I have to admit you are a bit of a drama queen these days. When you are happy, it’s passionate, with squeals and leg kicks, and huge smiles. When you are mad, you scream at the top of your lungs and stiffen your body up. When you are wanting more food, you yell at me and make your signs over and over again. Patience is not a natural virtue, so we will be working on this in the coming month! You are pretty much into everything, so door locks have gone up this month and you no longer get to pull everything out of my cabinets like you have done in the past.
I have to admit you are a bit of a drama queen these days. When you are happy, it’s passionate, with squeals and leg kicks, and huge smiles. When you are mad, you scream at the top of your lungs and stiffen your body up. When you are wanting more food, you yell at me and make your signs over and over again. Patience is not a natural virtue, so we will be working on this in the coming month! You are pretty much into everything, so door locks have gone up this month and you no longer get to pull everything out of my cabinets like you have done in the past.
This month I have started to see a very sweet and loving side of you. I can tell that you love your Daddy because you smile so big when he comes in. You go around all day saying "Dada?" and I say "Where's Dada? Dada's at work." all day long. You know where to look for him and usually start asking right about the time he comes home.
You are still doing your awesome open mouth slobber tongue kisses, but now you will lean over and lay your head down someone’s shoulder or chest like a hug. You will kiss or love on command and you are just precious! You hug your dolls and give them open mouth kisses too. It’s just so sweet!
Well, precious child, the next letter I write to you will be wishing you a happy first birthday. I can’t believe it! We have had such a fun month and I know the next month holds many more blessings and alot more fun. You are a gift and I thank God each day for you. I love you more than words can express!
XOXO, Momma
2 comments:
Zack and I had more fun learning about cute Brinley together! He said, "She's a really pretty girl!" And I said how smart she is for playing that peekaboo game so well! What a sweet voice she has too! Oh and gosh, her little piggie tales are just adorable! How blond her hair is! Zack wants you to know that there is an exclamation point after every sentence so far but that is just because it was such a great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The End!
It WAS such a great post!!!!!!! ;)
I love that girl, sweet Brinley! I'm glad I got to hang out with her in her 11th month! (or was that her 10th month?) Either way, she is the cutest! I love how she posed for the first photo! Every time I read your posts I just smile! :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment