Monday, August 10, 2009

2 Months Old!

Dear Brinley (aka: Sweet Girl, Little Girl, Lil' Sister, Precious Pumpkin, Sweet Baby),
You are 2 months old today! I can't believe what a big girl you are becoming! You have really changed this month and it is so fun to watch. You become more and more alert each day and you just eat up the world around you. I am so thankful to share each day with you.
You are growing like a weed! I don't have your official stats until your doctor's appointment on Tuesday but the proof is in your clothes and diapers. You are officially in size 1 diapers now and you are beginning to wear some of your 0-3 month clothes. Getting you dressed in the morning is one of my favorite things to do. This may seem funny but I can tell how much you have grown by looking at your hands. Your fingers are getting longer and your nails have gone from tiny, thin, and pink to a miniature version of mine. I don't really know how to explain it but thats what I see. You are no longer my little newborn, you are a full fledged baby now!
You love to look at bright colorful things like my dishes on the hutch, the mirror in the dining room, and all kinds of windows. You actually enjoy laying under the play mat jungle gym deal now and looking at the ocean animals hanging from it. You have made really good friends with the octopus. I love that I can lay you under it and you can be entertained for quite some time. You also love looking at yourself in the mirror on your swing. When you are most interested you talk to what you are looking at. Oh your sweet talking just brings joy to my heart! Those babbles and coos are so very precious and even though I can't wait for the day you say "Momma", I love the meaningless jibber jabber just as much. I love to hear you talk to the things in your room through the monitor while you are supposed to be napping. You still have a love affair with the B's on your wall and have some really good conversations with them while I am changing your diaper.

You have had many more happy times this month than last. I know this especially when you flash me your million dollar grin. The cutest grin is the kinda sideways crooked one you flash when you are really happy. We usually see this in the morning right when you wake up or just after you have eaten. You have also started smiling so big when you see your Daddy after he gets home from work. Good job melting his heart and wrapping him tightly around that little finger of yours!

We have started to try a more consistent naptime, and let me tell you, you do not like it so much! You cry and fight it for a while if i let you. You have shown me your persistence and your strong will. You already know what you want and what you like, and naps don't fit into that category. At night, it's a different story. You go down like an angel and sleep all night long. Thank you so much for not deciding to change this habit! I think I can handle tough naptimes as long as you give me those precious hours at night.
You are a little girl on the move! Your little legs kick around and your arms are waving most of the time that you are awake. Those little legs are so strong and you love to stand up on them when we are sitting down with you. You still love for the person holding you to stand up and bounce and you still love swinging in your swing and being pushed around in your stroller. Your little tongue is also always in motion. It cracks me up! A new skill you have acquired is blowing bubbles. I think it is another form of entertainment for you, along with hiccups.

You took your first long trip this month to Abilene. You did wonderfully in the car. If you weren't sleeping and you happened to get upset, a little ocean wave sound effects were enough to send you back to snoozing. I hope you are always a good traveller.
It is such a priviledge to be your mom and to be the one, along with your Dad, that God has chosen to raise you. You are such a joy to spend each and every day with. I could be going back to work next week but I am so glad I get to be home with you. You are my world and I love you more than words can express!

XOXO, Your Mommy

Once again, soooo sorry for my majorly annoying voice. I have got to get that under control!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

happy birthday miss brinley! you are looking so big and cute in that adorable onsie i am sure your talented mommy made you! can't wait to hug you in just a week!

ErinW said...

She is SO cute! I can't wait to see her again!