This weekend I made my way home to the great town of Abilene! I always love going home and seeing friends and family. Brinley enjoyed being with her grandparents and I think they kinda liked her being there too... just a little!

We went to the pool while we were there and Brinley took her first dip in the blue water! She loved it! We didn't stay too long but it was just enough to give her a taste of swimming. She was so stinkin cute in the swimsuit and hat!
Papa did the honors of taking Brinley in the water so I could take pictures. We were prepared for a big scream but all we got were some coos. She was very happy!
I really enjoyed spinning my little gal around in the water. I have to admit that my mama cat instinct came out when some boys were throwing a ball around in the water and coming just a little too close to my little kitten! I politely asked them to move!
Papa and BB have a wonderful backyard and Brinley loved spending time there with them. There were many things to explore and stare at, which is her new favorite thing to do. She loved our dog Benson but he was a little jealous of her. He is used to being the baby of the house!
She was also enthralled with the windchimes. She would study them intently or be lulled to sleep by their sounds. She was completely content the entire time she was in the backyard.
Brinley got to go on her daily walk with Papa and BB this time while I stayed at home and read magazines. Nice!
We also had a chance to spend time with some other sweet family members-
Aunt Holly stopped by for a minute on her way to work. Funny that Brinley was swaddled when she held her because she was one of the first people to swaddle her other than the nurses in the newborn nursery on the day she was born!
Uncle Blake stayed over and hung out on Saturday because Holly was at work.
My dad was always holding Brinley whenever she would let him. I caught this shot this morning before we left for church.
It reminded me of this one...
This trip was also a chance for me to do some things that I love to do in Abilene. Barbara made sure I was able to take part in our traditions of getting a pedicure and having a dinner of fresh vegetables from Reed's farmers market. Another thing I love to do in Abilene is going to visit my sweet friend Courtney. This time was extra special because I got to meet her new bouncy bundle of joy, Callie Reagan!

She is absolutely precious but it made me so sad to see how big Brinley looked compared to her! I can't wait for Brinley and Callie to play together on our trips to Abilene. She is a cutie pie!
She is absolutely precious but it made me so sad to see how big Brinley looked compared to her! I can't wait for Brinley and Callie to play together on our trips to Abilene. She is a cutie pie!
I am already planning my next trip to A Town!

1 comment:
The picture of you and Brinley in her pink hat is precious!! So sweet! :) Hope you're doing well...wanted to let you know I'm still reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment