Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pregnancy Progression

I debated long and hard about whether or not I wanted to start the pregnancy posts complete with baby's stats and those dreaded belly pictures. I really don't want to post them, but I know some of my family that I rarely see would like to see how this pregnancy progresses, so I will. For those of you who see me daily, very sorry, this is old news.
Anyhoo, I am going to start by posting the very first belly pic I ever took so you can see that I have not always had the potbelly that I have now- I really was a half-way normal person. I really was wearing my citizens jeans that I worked myself to death to fit into. There really was a space between where my boobs end and my belly starts. This was at 12 weeks.


I know you are all shaking your heads and saying to yourself..."silly girl, you are pregnant, you are supposed to get a belly!" Well, I know that, but when there have been times in your life where you have carried weight that couldn't be blamed on pregnancy, it is very difficult to gain weight in any form or fashion. That's just the honest truth. But, I am getting over that issue and accepting my round-ness more and more each day. I am all up in the bidness of maternity clothes (pants mostly), so I am more comfortable too, which makes a difference in my attitude. So, here I am at the end of my 20th week.



You might notice that I am wearing black in both pics- yes, that is on purpose. I made the mistake of wearing horizontal stripes in weeks 14 and 16...bad idea. You may notice that I have changed my direction from the original pic- yes, I did because I like this side of my hair better. You may notice that I have a sign now that tells my week- yes, true, I was getting all the pics confused...pregnancy brain?

I am just about to finish week 21, so here is a little about Miss Brinley right now. I finally started feeling her kick like a ninja last week. I was complaining about not feeling her one day, and the very next day she shut me up! I think she was sick of my griping! She usually kicks at night when I am laying in bed. Rocky has felt it too, which is really fun. The babycenter emails I get tell me that she is the size of a carrot and she is growing eyelids and eyebrows. Oh Lord, let her have her Daddy's eyelashes!! I had a doctor's appointment last week and everything looks fine and dandy. I am feeling great- lots of energy and a normal appetite. I have started looking for furniture and bedding for her nursery as well as making registry lists. This is truly one of the most surreal, exciting, andamazing times I have ever been through. I joke alot, but I am so happy to be carrying little Miss Mc and I feel truly blessed!

Ok, well, enough with the mush, that's it for this post. I am not sure how often I will post on this topic, but here is week one in my pregnancy progression...eat your heart out.

3 comments:

Kara said...

You are a crack up! I loved reading your update and since I can't see you pregnant, I am very appreciative of your posts. :-) So fun when "Dad" gets to feel the kicking too!

Becky said...

i love seeing you pregnant every day!

Jenny said...

so much great info, thanks for "giving the people what they want!" : ) you look wonderful missy!