Sunday, January 25, 2009

A good name is better than great riches... Proverbs 22:1

So much pressure! A name is such a big deal....I mean really, take it from Rocky, he has heard jabs about his name his entire life! After much consideration, we are ready to officially reveal her name.
Brinley Jane McAdams
I know, you probably have never heard of the name Brinley before, and we kinda like that. I saw it in a magazine long ago, showed it to Rocky, and from then on we both loved it. No long lineage of Brinleys in our family, no ties to biblical characters or honorable people in history. We just like it, plain and simple. And she was Brinley from the moment we saw her on the sonogram screen. I have always liked the name Jane, and it goes well with Brinley. Plus, it passed my friend Jennifer's redneck name test...
"____ ____ get your butt down here!"
So here it is...
"Brinley Jane get your butt down here!"
Perfect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!! I love it! Does Jane have anything to do with the amazing Jane Todd? It's a great name either way!

Jenny said...

love it amy! and great title with the proverbs verse! : ) isn't it funny how we both always knew our baby girl name?

Kara said...

I love it! We have a Brinley in our church that spells is Brinlee. Great choice. I like that it was "just" a name you liked too. People are always asking me about Gemma and where it came from. I JUST LIKE IT!

Becky said...

i love love love it! and i love the spelling that you guys decided on!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! can't wait to meet miss brinley!