Our first shocker of the trip was the cost of a cab ride. Neither Rocky nor I had ever ridden in a cab, so we had no idea what to expect! Here is Rocky post-fare pay.
We decided we would spend our first night downtown on Fremont Street. It is the old style Vegas, the place you picture in your imagination. There are bright lights, cheaper food, and cheaper gambling. Right up our alley!
Here is Rocky with is $8 prime rib- not bad!
After losing 11 straight rounds of blackjack and walking up and down under the lights until our feet hurt, we took the $25 dollar beating of a cab ride back to our hotel for an early night in (for Vegas standards).
Sunday morning we were up bright and early, all ready to conquer the strip! We had been told of many sights to see, so here are some of the highlights. We headed first to the M&M store. That's right, folks, 4 floors of nothing but M&M merchandise.
Needless to say, we didn't buy anything, but we did take advantage of the FREE 3D short film. Pretty cute and entertaining. I think it was our only free activity of the vacation. :0)
I enjoyed seeing the lions at the MGM (our hotel)
There was great shopping everywhere we turned- especially at Caesar's
Our only purchases were made for Little Miss Mc. I couldn't resist this dress or the initial plaque for her nursery. Yes, she has a name and it starts with B!
The glass sculptures on the ceiling of the Bellagio were gorgeous
We had dinner in the mall at Planet Hollywood, then headed back to our hotel. After a few more losses on the slot machines, I was out for the count. I just couldn't get used to the 2 hour time difference. Rocky went back down to try his luck, but I was happy as a clam in my bed!
Monday was the day to catch all the places we missed the day before. It was much less painful because we got day passes on the monorail. Nice profile shot, prego.
We found out that Roy wasn't the only one mauled by a tiger at the Mirage.
I fell in love with the decor at the Wynn!
The carpets and mosaic tiles totally inspired me for our little gal's nursery. I love the bright colors and flowers. I made Rocky take pictures of the carpet and he got a few looks. :0)Now, how in the world do I find fabric to match it??
There were so many pretty fountains...
but my absolute all time favorite thing about Vegas was the fountains at the Bellagio!! They seriously made me want to cry. I thought it was pregnancy hormones but Rocky agreed that it was really moving.
That night we dolled up and headed out on the town for dinner and 2 shows! Somehow we managed to squeeze all our shows into one night.
The first show we saw was called "V- The Variety Show". It included a juggler, a hoop twirling gymnast, a dude that dressed up and acted like an idiot to tv show theme songs. There was also and act that made Rocky's worst nightmare come to life....getting called up on stage!

He had to put on a mask and give a thumbs up sign to everyone in the audience each time the host man tapped his shoulder. Then, he had to participate in the classic game of blowing up balloons and popping them by sitting on them. Of course, his competitive side came out with that one and he "blew" away the competition! As we were leaving the show, everyone in the audience was congratulating him- it was so funny. He was a star!

From that show, we hustled over to see the Cirque de Soleil Beatles Love show. I had very high expectations because so many of my friends had seen it and were completely blown away. Honestly, it was good, but I wasn't as impressed as they were. I felt like it was like one big drug hallucination, but I decided later that they probably did that on purpose because that is what alot of the Beatle's music really was! I am glad we went and saw it. It was impressive and I enjoyed the music. It just wasn't life changing.
And that concluded our Vegas vacation. We had a good time, but I doubt we will be back again without a reason. We enjoyed spending time together, and that was the main goal. Here is a tribute to my feelings at the end of our Vegas vacation. I don't really know any of the other words after "Time to say goodbye"...I love this song!
4 comments:
I LOVE that little dress for Little Miss Mc! It is so cute. So are the rest of your pics, but I really like that one! haha
The glass sculpture was done by Dale Chihuly. He also has several pieces in the foyer of the Dallas Museum of Art, and really, all over the world. I show my students a video on him every year.
Your vacation looks awesome. Glad you had fun! See you tomorrow!
Oh Amy that was a great documentation of your babymoon! Thanks so much for downloading them once again! : ) You looked cute in all your pics and they really made me want to go back, especially to see the fountains and the source of your lovely inspritation for the baby room!
Looks like a fun vacation! I also love the name you chose for her. You look great!
Post a Comment