First off was the girls weekend (in the middle of the week) with my good friends from med school. Sari flew in from Minnesota on Sunday night, then Rebekah, Henry, Sari, and I piled into Meagan's minivan to head to Austin. We met Jenny at La Madeline- the perfect girly lunch spot!
After filling our bellies with salad, bread, and strawberries romanoff, we went to the Round Rock Outlet Mall and did some shopping. I was the only one that had to do any back to school shopping, though! Everyone else is going to be stay at home mommies and wifeys next year. My day will come!
We all bought matching sweaters at White House Black Market because they were on sale and super comfy. Everytime I wear it I will think if my girls!

From there we headed to Jenny's to freshen up and grab Zack. We decided to let him invade our girl time. He behaved himself and served as a great photographer! :0)
From there we headed to Jenny's to freshen up and grab Zack. We decided to let him invade our girl time. He behaved himself and served as a great photographer! :0)
We had dinner at an Austin fav- The Hula Hut!
Baby Henry was such a trooper the entire trip. He even slept soundly on the bathroom floor!
The next morning we packed a picnic lunch and headed to Barton Springs. It is a natural fed swimming pool with grassy knolls and lots of trees to lounge under. We had a very relaxing afternoon except the shock we felt when jumping into the pool. Spring fed= no heater= extremely cold water!!
That night we just hung out and watched Project Runway. My big brother David and I had dinner together at a great Korean restaurant and everyone else had delicious manicotti and salad at Jenny's. She was really the hostess with the mostest!
We feasted on pancakes, breakfast tacos, and much more. It was a great way to end our time together. I am so grateful for my sweet friends. We all bring something special to the friendship and get along so well together. We share so many great memories and I know we will be friends forever!
I got home from Austin just in time to wash some clothes and repack my bag to head to Brownwood Lake. Rocky took a day off and the one place he loves to be more than any other is on the lake! Lots of family were all planning to be at Brownwood, so we headed there for a long weekend.
When we got there, we hit the water immediately! We had lots of fun all weekend wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, riding the jet ski, jumping off the crappie house, and floating on noodles.
I, on the other hand, am not! My face says it all!
Rocky and his cousin, Jay.
What a great way to end my summer vacation! It is back to work for me- getting my classroom ready, going to staff developments, and getting back into a routine. Goodbye summer vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment