Saturday, August 16, 2008

A lovely weekend

Rocky had this whole weekend off and we decided to make the best of a weekend at home rather than running off somewhere like we usually do!

It started on Friday night with one of our favorite dates- Northpark Mall! First we did some shopping. I tried to find clothes since it is tax free weekend but the only thing I found was a little cropped jacket and Rocky wouldn't let me get it because he said it looked like a cape. Since clothes were not up my alley, I went to the most amazing store that was like my heaven- Paper Source . (I think this is the one you told me about, Meagan). It has everything that you could possibly want to craft something from paper. Walls of envelopes and cards in various colors, shapes, and sizes...stickers...stationery...scrapbook supplies...wrapping paper. I could not leave. I ended up getting some things to make nametags for my class but I wanted so much more! From there we had some dessert before dinner at this new yogurt shop called Orange Cup. It is so tasty! Rebekah and I had it last time we were at the mall and I have craved it ever since! It has a very unique taste, more like actual yogurt. They have all these great fresh fruit toppings to sweeten up the deal. You should definitely give it a try if you are a Dallas dweller. After dessert, we headed to Chick-Fil-A to grab some dinner to-go to take into the movies with us. We love eating during movies and the Northpark cinema lets you bring your own food in! We saw Tropic Thunder and I really have no comment. Lots of cussing, crude humor, and war parafenalia (sp?). Not really my kind of movie, but I guess there were some entertaining moments.

Side note...I really wanted to post pictures from the web of all these things we did but I can't figure out how to do it. I can only put pictures on from my camera. Can anyone help me?

Saturday morning we slept in then got up and headed to the Dallas Farmer's Market.

Our plan was to shop around for fruits and veggies, then buy a side table at our favorite furniture store, Rio's Interiors. When we got there we found out that it had been kicked out and moved to a new store in Fort Worth! The building it was in is going to be used solely for food sales from now on. We were so sad! We ended up only buying some mangoes. All the other produce seemed over priced. I actually bought one other treat- a cup of roasted corn. It was yummy!



The rest of the day was spent chillin at the house and running errands around town. I finished another chart. This one was a little different because the orderer, Lucy, asked me to include his birth stats. I think it is a neat addition to a growth chart for a newborn.


I also cleaned out my pantry! Long overdue...



We watched alot of Olympics and ate yummy chocolate no bake cookies. These were one of my favorite treats as a youngster and I still love them! Rocky does too!


No Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar

1 stick butter

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Bring sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk to a boil in a medium saucepan and boil for one minute stirring consistently. Be sure you boil for a minute or the cookies will turn out crumbly and all wrong. Remove from the heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Dump in oatmeal and stir until well combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to sit for a while and harden. I actually always break the rules an eat them while they are still gooey.


Even though I enjoy travelling and staying busy, I think my best days are spent chillin' with my hubby and relaxing. We always have so much fun together! Tomorrow will be church and then early to bed so we can get up and start working on Monday morning! What a great way to spend my last, and one of Rocky's few, weekends of freedom!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I was just about to go to the grocery store, and thought, I better check Amy's blog before doing so, incase there is a great new recipie! Good thing I did, we will be making these cookies tonight, thanks! Glad you and Rocky had such a wonderful weekend together Amy!

Anonymous said...

Amy...I am so excited about these no bake cookies! I will try them next time we go to the store for sure (or, after seeing Jenny's comment, maybe I'll go steal one of hers! :) haha)! I also wanted to let you know how you could post pictures from the web. I'm assuming you are meaning pictures from a website, so I hope this helps. The only way I figured out how to do it was to do a google search for website and/or image and look at what comes up under the images (so search images instead of web). This will usually pull whatever images are associated with the web page or item you're searching for. You can then click the image, then at the top of the page click "see full-size image". This then makes the web page show the picture only. After that, go back to your blog post and click the little button for uploading pictures, then paste the url from the image search into the "add image from web" section. Then upload and it should be on your post. :) Hope that is what you were needing to know and that I explained it well enough. :) Have a great week! (P.S. I just love the name of your website...that is so catchy and cute! Good Luck!)