Well, we are be-boppin along down 183 and I see a car that was in front of me pull over sort of abruptly then look as if it is coming back in the lane in front of me. I honked because I was afraid that the car didn't see me and I didn't really want to get side swiped at that hour. Well, IT WAS A COP! I honked at a freakin cop!! A minute later his lights were on behind me and I was absolutely having a cow. I pull over and he proceeds to ask me to pull up to a spot that is under a light and a little more spacious for him to come around to my side. So, I gladly pull up, all the while still freaking out majorly. Now, may I note that i am in my pajamas with major bed head and breath that could kill a cockroach. Anyways, he tells me that he is pulling me over because my headlight is out and I didn't use my blinker. Seriously?!?!? It is 4:30 AM!! I proceeded to apologize for honking at him and I explained that I didn't know he was a cop, and he said he thought I was a motorcycle. I guess we were both confused. So, he takes my license and registration and the dreaded wait begins. I swear that it feels like FOREVER when you are waiting on the cop to decide your fate. When he finally returns, he tells me to get my headlight changed and to drive safely. PHEW! I think this might be the first ticket I have ever dodged in my life. I mean really, a ticket for a headlight being out? I didn't even know it. I totally would have been more understanding of him ticketing me for honking at him, but not a missing headlight and failure to use my blinker! Well, I think I am going to be on the straight and narrow from now on with my reckless driving habits... and on my way to the auto parts store!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment