Wednesday, January 9, 2013

She's A Preschooler Now


Brinley officially became a preschooler yesterday.  She was so excited to get started!

She marched right in to the building and didn't look back once.   I handled it well too- didn't shed a tear even though I kinda wanted to.  I just can't believe this day is here and I know that from now on she will be in school.  Melancholy was my word for the day. 
She is in the flamingo class, which is very thrilling for her.  She told me that she needed to wear pink from head to toe because she was a flamingo.  I tried to explain to her that the boys in her class probably won't like that, but she was insistent.  We finally compromised on pink tights and a pink bow but something tells me this will come up again...
We walked in and met her teacher Mrs. Katie.  In true Abilene fashion, we knew her from Hardin Simmons and her daughter is also in gymnastics with Brinley.  This made me feel even better about leaving my baby!
When I picker her up she was all smiles with a cupcake in hand.  Lucky for her it was one of her classmates birthday.  Her teacher said that she fit right in with the class and was sweet and smart. From what she told me, she had a fun day. I didn't get too many details except what they ate and that she took a nap (which she did not actually sleep). We are gonna have to work on these school day recaps!  I am so proud of my big preschooler!

-1701462852.jpg" />

No comments: