Saturday, January 12, 2013

3 Months Old!


Cason,
You are 3 months old today!  What a great month it has been, full of changes and growth!  You have really filled out this month and I can only imagine how much you weigh now.  Everyone that sees you says how much you have grown and changed already.  You are just a bouncing little bundle of joy!

You are truly one of the sweetest and most content babies I have ever seen.  I mean, I know I am a little biased, but really, you are so flippin' adorable!  I would put you in the "easy baby" category right now, knock on wood.  The only times you cry are when you are tired or when you finish the last drops of your bottle.  You are still nursing every 3 hours and taking a 2-4 oz "top off" bottle to fill up your tummy.  You started sleeping through the night this month.  Woo hoo!  You slept from around 9:00-7:00 the two nights we spent at the lake for Christmas but you didn't do it at home.  So I added a "dream feed" around 10:30 and it has done the trick.  You have no problem laying in your crib wide awake at night and falling to sleep on your own, but daytime is a different story.  You do not want to nap in your crib at all.  If I happen to get you to sleep in your crib you wake shortly after and cry your face off.  You will nap in the swing or your carseat so that is what we are doing for now.  Well, that and an occasional nap in a boppy on my bathroom counter with the blow dryer providing white noise.  Now, now, before you judge...I was standing right there putting on my makeup, he was closely monitored and very safe. Funny memory though, right?  You do what you gotta do!  
 
Next month we will face the dreaded cry it out, but I am not ready to do that with you just yet. I guess I should count my blessings that you sleep well other places than your bed but I know you can't keep it up forever. 

This month you made some discoveries.  The first was your hands.  You will stare at them inquisitively and you have decided that you like to suck your fist.  If you are upset at all, a few moments later I hear sucking and see you going to town on that fist.  It's really funny.  I try to give you the passy because I would rather you suck on that but you don't have near as much passion for that as your hand.  If I hold the passy in, it will comfort you, but if I don't it pops right out.  I used to think this was normal for a baby your age because it's exactly what Brinley did, but its not normal.  So maybe you will be a fist sucker!  Your second discovery was your tongue. You love to stick it out over and over.  Not sure if this is a new hunger cue or if you just enjoy doing it, but it makes me laugh either way.

You are such a little talker.  You just coo and babble when anyone gives you their full attention.  Other recipients of your sweet sounds are the arm pad on your carseat that has animals on it.  Maybe it's because you spend alot of time in there...second child, sorry.  I love your social nature and the way you light up a room when someone looks at you. Your talking has earned you two nicknames from me- Goozer and Choogie.  Goozer developed from the fact that I say "Goo Goo" when I talk to you and it really gets you babbling.  Goo--Goo Goo-- Goozer.  The second came because I say "Hi Sugar" when I talk to you.  Sugar-- Shooggie-- Choogie.   Other nicknames for you include brudder, brayder, Mr. Case Man, and just Case.  You must know my love language is nicknames sweet boy!
 There aren't alot of pictures of just you this month with all the Christmas celebrations and everything, but I did do a little Santa photo shoot with you.  I was trying to get a shot like this one of your sister.
BRINLEY- Christmas 2009
You make the funniest little faces and sweetest smiles, but the minute the camera comes out, you lose all expression.  This was the framable one, I like your little tongue sticking out even though I didn't get a big smile. 
CASON- Christmas 2012
I also like this one.  That's what your arms and hands look like about 90% of the time.  Especially fresh from the swaddle.  They pop right up-  haha.
 You did another amazing little thing this month...you laughed!  I was not expecting it and you have only done it once more since then but it was the most adorable sound! Seriously, bottle that up and sell it for a million dollars.  LOVE!

Well, precious boy, I love you so very much and I am so thankful God made me your Mommy.  I was doubtful whether or not I am a "boy mom" but you are convincing me more and more every day that I am just that.  You light up my life!

XOXO, Your Momma


1 comment:

Unknown said...

girl, he is so PRECIOUS!!! love him! can't wait to see him soon!