Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Love The Flowergirl

Last weekend, Brinley had the opportunity to be a flower girl in my friend Becky's wedding. It was stressful yet exciting and fun for me as the Mommy, and overall she did a great job! We got to the church early and got dressed. Brinley was so excited to put on the tutu she had been looking at for weeks. She twirled around for everyone and was so cute.
Here is the beautiful bride, Becky!
Once they were dressed, Brinley and Maddy took a practice walk down the aisle. Then they spent over an hour watching Curious George on the IPad to pass the time until pictures. When it was finally time for pictures, she was less than cooperative. After some blatant bribing with M&M's and Curious George, she stood in the picture. No promises on whether or not the photographer got a smile out of her.Things got a little cuckoo while we were waiting for the wedding to start. I mean a two year old can only wait for so long!

Then the big moment finally arrived. She walked down the aisle like a champ and I was at the end waiting on her with a bag of M&M's and New One. She did great when it really counted so I was happy.Mimi was already in town for Thanksgiving, so she came to the wedding to hang out with Brinley so Rocky and I could actually watch the wedding.They hung out in the back and had a grand old time!I know this pic is blurry, but it is one of my favorites. It looks antique or something. I love the way her little feet are crossed. :0)After the wedding, we all headed to the reception. Brinley enjoyed a mashed potato and chicken strip martini, then headed home so Mimi could put her to bed.
What a fun and memorable experience for our little gal- and a great practice for John and KK's wedding in August!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

hi friends! long time, no talk! i need to call you to hear about all this thanksgiving and wedding fun! the header picture is awesome! love rocky's goofball look and amy, you look beautiful! : )brinley was a precious flower girl, just as i knew she would be! way to go!

rebekah l. louis said...

brinley looked fab! great tutus!

love the new blog look :)