Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dear Santa,

So, a new Christmas season is upon us, and I have been so excited about you for the past month. Really, I promise. I have talked about how I want you to bring me a candy cane and a train track, and I have told my mommy over and over how I can't wait for you to come to my house. But when we came to see you last night, I lost all my nerve. Maybe it was the neat sleigh, the bright lights, or the Christmas music playing. Or maybe it was my shy side coming out. Either way, I clung so tightly to my Mommy's neck and couldn't even look you in the eye.
Many of my friends conquered their fears and provided wonderful smiley pictures for their parents, but not me. I guess I'm just not ready. I did accept the candy cane, and Mommy thought I was going to give you a chance, but I didn't. Thanks for the treat anyway, Santa.
Please accept my apologies for my behavior. Again, I would ask that you don't see this as a reflection of my love for you. Can I have just one more shot next year?
Love, Brinley

No comments: