Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Last week Brinley and I hosted a birthday party for Jesus. We invited a few friends over for some Christmas fun that focused on the reason for the season- Jesus! We baked a birthday cake and decorated our table.Once everyone arrived, the kids colored a picture while I got everyone's handprint.
Then they did a little craft using their handprint. The poem says, "I used my hand to make a manger, a place for Jesus to lay. I'll use my heart, so full of love, as a place for Jesus to stay."
I read the kids a story...and had total kindergarten teacher flashbacks.
Then we sang happy birthday and ate birthday cake and peppermint ice cream.
After we sugared up the kids, things got a little wild to say the least. 9 kids under the age of 6 fill my house to the gills! The party ended with a crash...literallly...when sweet Vivi tried to take one of my ornaments and got the entire tree instead! That tree was old and I was glad she put it to rest! A very memorable ending to a very fun little get together!I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted because I was scurrying around being hostess, but we did get this one of Brinley sitting on Santa's..I mean Ava's lap. Sweet little friends!

No comments: