Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Weekend in Abilene and Callie's Party

We spent the past weekend in Abilene. On Friday night we had a special dinner for Granny since she just turned 91! Dad wanted to get a picture of the 4 generations of Lamperts while we were all together. Brinley enjoyed singing to Granny and helping her blow out her candles.
On Saturday I helped to host Callie's 2nd birthday/Welcome Home party. She turned 2 in August right when she came home from Cooks but Courtney didn't want to have her party until they finished with the radiation treatments in Houston. We had a big cherry/red/turquoise themed bash and it was a blast!
The sweet little Cochran family!
Callie the Guest of Honor with the food spread. From left to right, we have snack mix, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cherry limeade, sweet tea, and bottled waters.
Another attempt at decorating sugar cookies on my part. Everything looks great right here, but we just won't dwell on the box of broken cookies behind the counter. I am not sure what happened, but they were crumbling everywhere! Oh well, at least there were enough that looked decent for a picture.
Courtney's friend Tara made this adorable cake and cupcakes. They were all so yummy!
We also had some cheery cherry chex mix (chex mix, goldfish, and dried cherries) to cut all those sweet flavors.
I love this little girl!
In addition to delicious food, there was a donation/note writing station.
And a candy bar full of cherry delights!
If you are ever looking for Haribo gummy twin cherries, just know that they are at Central Market or World Market. I looked forever for those puppies because I knew they existed, I just didn't know where! Then my friend Vaune led me to their website where they have a store locator...genius! Rocky and Brinley came to enjoy the party. Brinley had a great time and Rocky was a big help with her so I could keep the food stocked.Brin especially enjoyed the dress up attire for the photo booth. I liked it too.And this is how I felt after completing my 3rd and final big party over the past 2 months...party on Wayne!I am so grateful that I was able to help make this party happen for Miss Callie. I can't think of a more deserving little girl!

2 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

fantastic party! cookies turned out great and i'm sure callie had a sweet time!

Jenny said...

haha! that last picture is awesome! way to go dude! : ) i had no idea so much work was put into that awesome party, with things like the note writing station, how special and what a success! you are right, i can't think of a more deserving girl, and family!