Friday, October 14, 2011
State Fair 2011
On Tuesday we decided to go to the State Fair, just the 3 of us. We love to go with the whole gang, but we figured we should take advantage of Rocky getting off at noon and beat those awful weekend crowds. So, we boarded the DART green line, rode for about an hour, then stopped right in front of the fair entrance! Nice!
First stop was the Little Hands Farm. We saw this last year but it was way too long of a line for us to try it. I am so glad Brin got to experience it this year, she loved it!
And she was just so darn cute with her little apron and basket! And, yes, I know she looks like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz...if only those bricks were yellow! I honestly didn't mean for that to happen. :0)
She milked the cow...
And planted some seeds. Fun times!
Next up was the petting zoo, another first for Miss Brin because, again, last year was too crowded.
She waited so patiently for one of the animals to come and eat her feed, but most of them were way too full.
Finally this goose came over and started eating right out of the cup. She was sooooo excited and scared at the same time!
By the time we were done there, our appetites were ready for some good fried fair food! First stop was Big Tex and our favorite Fletchers stand!
I was just going to share a corn dog with Brinley because I thought she wouldn't like it, but boy was I wrong! She loved it, so I had to go and buy another for myself. I am not sacrificing my corn dog...they are my fav!
We followed up the corn dogs with fried cheese curds and a deep fried snickers. One bite was all I could handle of that over the top sweet treat!
A quick spin through the Car buildings topped off our trip to the fair this year.

It was perfect fall family fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
fun! you got some good pics. we still haven't gone and i will have an emotional breakdown if we don't make it this year.
what a cute little cowgirl Brin is! (love the boots on her) Glad yall had some family fun. What the heck are fried cheese curds? The word "curd" scares me.
Kristen, the curds are what seperates from the whey when you are making butter...and yes the word is scary but they are just cheese....and they're delicious!! Rebekah, there is no question as to whether or not you will go to the fair this year. It is a must for the Louisfam, you are the fair!! :0)
Post a Comment