Thursday, October 6, 2011

We Are Family

We have had lots of family visit us over the past few weeks for family weddings, triathalons and free babysitting! Ree and Nonna were the first to visit. We all had a wedding for Rocky's cousin on Saturday, but on Friday, they took Brin for a day to of fun at Grapevine Mills Mall- complete with a trip to Rainforest Cafe and a ride on the carousel. Then they ended their night with a football game.
Rocky and I were able to attend the Train, Matt Nathanson, Maroon 5 concert, and it was great!
I was sure glad they were in town when I started hearing scratching from the chimney. They helped Rocky and I stayed clear of the entire situation!
We thought it might be a squirrel, so Rocky and Royce went on the roof and ran a rope down the chimney so it would have something to climb up on (and that solution is thanks to Google!)
This past weekend John and Kalyn met in Dallas to hang out and spend time together since they are doing their relationship long distance.
They said they would babysit for us for Becky's shower (more pics on that soon). We were so glad not to have to find a sitter!
What started out as a laid back weekend, quickly got more exciting when David came in to participate in a triathalon and Mom came to watch!
He did great! 3rd in his age division.

We are so grateful for our wonderful and supportive family!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

so was it indeed a squirrel? and did the rope work?

Kristie said...

That's what I was wondering! C'mon, tell us about the squirrel! And Miss Brinley is as cute as ever!

Amy Mc said...

We don't know what happened! We didn't sit there and watch for the squirrel to come out, but we no longer hear anything, and we don't smell anything either!! :0) yuck!