Lucy is having a baby very soon. So, we all got together to throw a birdie and nest themed shower for her boy or girl!





I loved the theme and went a little crazy with my decor. You know I am a sucker for a theme and color scheme! First came a coffee filter wreath with a burlap covered birdie and yellow gingham bunting. Hopefully a lovely sight to welcome guests!
Then a burlap banner to welcome the little one. I am so glad Lucy took both of these and hung them in her nursery!
There were also fresh flowers-
and a few sad little tissue pom poms and more little yellow gingham bunting.
I made a twig tree with tissue flowers where each guess chose a pink or brown bird to hang for their guess whether Baby Semple is a boy or a girl! The guesses were overwhelmingly boy- we will see!
The delicious lunch menu consisted of wraps, hummus and veggie shooters, caprese skewers, fruit salad, and a cracker and cheese tray.
I was in charge of sweets! Birdie and egg sugar cookies, zuchinni cream cheese muffins, and choco-peanut-butterscotch bird nests with Jordan almond eggs!
My new set of 24 mason jars came in handy to serve the iced tea and cucumber water.
I honestly think the drinks tasted better out of the yellow striped straws! Each guest wrote their names on the little tags attached to each jars so we wouldn't get our drinks confused.
Our hostess gift to Lucy was her carseat. Gotta get practical at some point, it can't all be birdies and nests!
Hurry up Baby Semple! Can't wait to meet you!
1 comment:
what a precious shower ... i love those cookies!
Post a Comment